Sage Riders Enduro

Cascadia

Undecided
Nice report Greg. Sounds about like my first one. Such a blast and it's something to look forward to and practice for. I'm sure we'll see you out there next year. It's so close to you, how could you not?

I like the 4th pic the best. But I'm a little biased cause it's my wife and boy. ;)

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
IMG_20140921_114551_433.jpg
One of these things is not like the other...
Pretty sure something is wrong. :)
I'm at insta care now getting it checked out.
Wrecked in the first transfer or test maybe when a guy went down hard in front of me and rode with some pain the rest of the race.

Vonski

nothing to see here...
Glad to see everyone that came out. I wish I would have had more time to bs with everyone. It was especially good to see that we were as to push Greg beyond what he thought his limits were and prove that he can do a race and see that mythic figure Vonski appear.

Yep, haven't done a USRA race in forever! Looking forward to doing more...

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
Also had a nearly catastrophic tire failure early on. Pretty sure that's why the rear felt so loose during the race. The tube is still holding air just fine, so I consider myself lucky lucky!

IMG_20140920_172006_773.jpg

IMG_20140920_171955_220.jpg

IMG_20140920_172026_836.jpg

Tire split. Lost a knob and some knob delamination.
Rough course, but so much fun. I loved it. Thanks to all the Sage Riders and the cooperative BLM

Vonski

nothing to see here...
Here's my quick report...

First off, the Sage Riders did an awesome job and the course was great! I wasn't sure what to think about the enduro format originally, but it soon made perfect sense and they ran it really well. As in the past, everyone was way friendly and helpful. It was great to see Paul, Tyson, Stratton, Greg, and other great people I don't get to see often.

First race on the new 2-stroke was a little strange, but it'll definitely be a great bike once I get some stuff dialed in and stop being a wuss. The 4cs forks on the new KTMs are sooo harsh when it comes to rocks and small stuff, so a little susp. work is in order. I felt I rode really well and didn't have any serious issues, but certainly didn't feel very fast (and the results will definitely show that ;) ). Had a slow speed tip over on Test 1 and crashed pretty good on Test 5 nearly hitting a tree.

All in all, a great time with good friends...

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
I had a lot of fun in this race and felt like I rode very smooth and consistent. I did not have any crashes but made some mistakes that probably cost me about 20 seconds of total time throughout the day. 20 seconds may not seem like a big deal but in this enduro format, it can mean a couple of positions. Marcie just put up the unofficial top 20 for the race and it looks like I finished 1st in my class and 8th overall.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
Congrats Paul!! Really isn't a surprise, is it? :p

Any idea when are the rest of the results going to be posted?

I didn't know how I would stack up against the Colorado guys, so I did not know what to expect. The remainder of the results should be up mid week.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
A trials tire would be doable. There is only a small amount of sand that would even be a negative with the trials tire.

Quoted for posterity, since Paul denied saying this after the race was over and we were BS'ing in the pits... :cody: :p

Fortunately I knew better and was running knobbies. Very glad I wasn't running a trails tire, with all that sand! :eek:

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
Paul, did you add up your times? Just curious what your total was...

It was around 63:18

Quoted for posterity, since Paul denied saying this after the race was over and we were BS'ing in the pits... :cody: :p

Fortunately I knew better and was running knobbies. Very glad I wasn't running a trails tire, with all that sand! :eek:

Your right.....I am getting old you know, I just turned 43 and forget 75% of what I say day to day.:rofl::cody::bryson:. But my post is correct. There was only a small amount of sand.

Greg

Admin
Your right.....I am getting old you know, I just turned 43 and forget 75% of what I say day to day.:rofl::cody::bryson:. But my post is correct. There was only a small amount of sand.

Yeah, small... but deep. :p

He's being honest Greg. That was a very small amount of sand compared to all the other races.

I can imagine! Good tires go a long way in these races, I can understand that now.

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
Stratton, did you ever figure out what caused your bike to not restart? Hopefully you finger was just jammed, not broken.

I haven't torn it apart yet, but it's weird. The two times I stalled it during the race, it started right up first kick. However, both times I used the kill switch, it had a hard time starting.

Finger is broken. I'm actually pleased that I did so well in the race with a broken finger for 90% of it.

Volar (sp?) plate fracture. There is a little chunk of bone broken off and a crack near the edge and it's crazy swollen.

In this for 10 days. Then I can tape it to the ring finger.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
I am going through the test times trying to find entry errors.........sometimes I look a little closer if somebody is greasing my palm.-_-........just kidding, but I did find a small error on one of Strattons test times.

On another note, I am bummed that I turned my GoPro on but forgot to start it until after the 2nd special test and my battery must have been low during the 4th special test because I had a static sound throughout test 4 and it died shortly after I finished the test. I am rendering test 3 now and will upload it later.

Greg

Admin
... On another note, I am bummed that I turned my GoPro on but forgot to start it until after the 2nd special test and my battery must have been low during the 4th special test because I had a static sound throughout test 4 and it died shortly after I finished the test. I am rendering test 3 now and will upload it later.

I hear you, I had my GoPro on for all of Loop 1, but not recording... I missed all my good wrecks and the big drop when I got off-trail. :mad2: I recorded all of Loop 2, but it doesn't look great as I was slow & sloppy. :(