Engine- VQ40 DOHC ~ 4.0-liter DOHC V6, 265hp and 284 lb-ft torque

Transmission- 5-speed A/T

T-Case- 4wd Stock

Axles- Stock

Suspension- Top Gun Customs spacers, and AC shackles

Wheels and Tires- 235/8516 10 Ply M/T's on Toyota Tacoma OE steel spare wheels

Winch- Not yet

Lighting- 100w IPF lights up front, w/ clear covers

Favorite Trails- Anywhere in the San Rafael Swell, or central/southern Utah is where I explore.

It got the name 'Stalker' while sitting at the dealership, before we even bought it. My wife told me the color was 'Night Armor', and later on I was trying to recall the name of the color, but instead of 'Night Armor', I called it 'Night Stalker'... So 'Stalker' just stuck.

Day after we picked it up from the dealer
100_3126.jpg

As of 11-18-09
DSC_1536.jpg

2009 Mods:
Top Gun Customs spacers
AC shackles.
235/85/16 10 ply M/T's
SpiderTrax aluminum wheel adapters (6x4.5 - 6x5.5)
Trailgear sliders - customised
Cobra DX III CB radio
Yaesu 2800M FM radio
MaxiTrip - Scan tool
Raingler half barrier
IPF driving lights with poly clear shields
Mountaineering Rack - Custom built
Quickfists - Maglight/Fire extinguisher
TruckBedez air mattress

Long term mods:
Skid plates
Front Bumper w/ winch
Rear full bumper
Roof rack - custom built
Xoskel Lo Pro

Last edited:

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
Thats good to hear about their warranty service. After you posted up your initial information I decided to order a set of their AT's. They are pretty far back ordered for my size, but for the price I'm willing to wait. Should have them in the next two weeks.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
On a happier note, I won a $400 gift certificate to Hefty Fabworks, out of Colorado Springs CO.

I now have to decide between their Xterra front bumper, rear bumper, or skid plates..
Front Bumper
DSCN1477.jpg

DSCN1324.jpg

Rear bumper
018-1.jpg

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
I vote for the front bumper. I see a winch in your future. The rear bumper is nice, but the departure angle sorta sucks

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
Looks like the rear bumper still uses the factory plastigay on the sides huh...:-\ That sucks.

The front bumper looks good... how does it affect approach angle?

Looks like that gift cert almost gets you half way!:p

Last edited:

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
NOBODY makes a full replacement rear bumper for these Xterras. Too much 'custom' work is needed to move a few items from under the plastic sides. It's doable, and of course has been done. But no company wants to sell a bumper that .1% of Xterra owners looking for a replacement rear bumper would buy. I'm leaning heavily toward their front bumper. It has a great approach angle. In fact it's damn near the same as stock measurements as far as how far it sticks out, and still has room for a winch.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
Nope, I'll save any new bumpers for the next rig. ;)

I'll be able to use the coupon for Rigid Industries LED lights, which is probably what I'll end up doing.. Or Al's truck bed liner.. Or both. Everything else Heftyfab sells is custom built equipment.