Signage around AreaBFE

Olaf

Supporting Member
We need some signs made around AreaBFE! 2 kinds of signs: Trail signs and sponsor signs. AreaBFE can pay for materials but any scrap or discounted metal that can be used would be awesome!

Trail signs:
1) We want good signage for the Dropkick, S&M and Smashing Pumpkins so that people who come out this year having never been will know which way to go and not be confused. I obviously haven't been out there yet so I'm not sure how well placed the current signage is.

2) What do you think about a sign on LockJaw pointing the trail upward left so that only broken vehicles exit before the final rocky hill climb.

3)We want more signage for Green Day and Minor Threat so that people don't get confused and end up cutting additional paths. I don't mind a path to an obstacle, bypass or allowing for 2 way traffic but I'd like signs marking those types of options. If there are paths leading to nowhere then I'd like them closed off until we can determine whether the trail should be redirected in that direction. I'll let you guys (Jeff Stevens, Jeff Bates, and Shane Herzog since you guys mentioned willingness to make signs) determine that and provide feedback about blocking off confusing routes.

4) New Helldorado sign since I don't think it has turned up.

Sponsor signs:
I would like 10 - 4'x4' signs and 1 - 4'x8' sign.
They'll have to have a channels so that we can slide the actual sponsor sign in and out in the off season. I'd like one side to hinged or removable so that we can secure the sign from the elements as well as theft. I will follow up with the width of the channel. The 4x4 signs will be placed at trail junctions and trail entries. The 4x8 sign will be placed at the entry to AreaBFE.

All of the signs will need to be cemented in. I'd like to walk around a few days before Jeep Safari and mark the spots for the sponsor signs so that they can all be installed the weekend before Jeep Safari begins. Any volunteers would be highly appreciated!!! Free tshirts and a raffle ticket for the volunteers!!!

Please give me any feedback, ideas, comments etc.

Thanks in advance for all your continued help!

drtsqrl

I luv Pritchett
Olaf - I fab'd the signs for Dropkick and Lockjaw this week, and we'll probably get them installed this weekend. I'll post some pics when we get them installed.

I'm not sure what exactly you mean for Lockjaw, but we can put them anywhere you want.

I was going to let Badbuggy make the sign for Smashing Pumpkins.

We'll be happy to take a look at more signs for the other trails, I'll let you know what we think they need. Also, we might be able to help with the sponsor signs. Could you provide a sketch or drawing of just what you are looking for?

Jeff

Olaf

Supporting Member
Hi Jeff,

The more pics the better so that I can post them!

There's an exit to the main drag after the hard obstacles on Lockjaw and it's getting really well traveled. I was thinking that it would be better to let people know that the trail continues up hill through the rock garden and lets out onto main drag farther up the hill. Can you get gps coordinates for Dropkick, and S&M so that I have the trails added to our map? Will there be a good sign at the entry to Dropkick?

It would be great if Badbuggy could handle those signs. Names of obstacles would be cool. Gps coordinates of the trail and obstacles would be awesome!

I'll sketch a picture and send it to you.

Thanks!!!

drtsqrl

I luv Pritchett
There's an exit to the main drag after the hard obstacles on Lockjaw and it's getting really well traveled. I was thinking that it would be better to let people know that the trail continues up hill through the rock garden and lets out onto main drag farther up the hill. Can you get gps coordinates for Dropkick, and S&M so that I have the trails added to our map? Will there be a good sign at the entry to Dropkick?

Thanks!!!

Okay, we'll check out Lockjaw. Maybe we can cut out some arrows and mount them on the side of the trail with rebar in the confusing spots.

I thought that Jim had a GPS, but I guess he doesn't. The next time one of our club members who has GPS is in town, I'll see if we can get GPS coordinates for Dropkick and S&M.

I have a good sign for each end of Dropkick, as well as Lockjaw. S&M already has a sign at each end. Assuming we get the signs installed this weekend, I'll email some pics to you and post them here.

Badbuggy

rock star
I am good for the Smashing Pumpkins sign, and it looks like we are back on track for Rage Against the Machine. A few of us are trying to put together a trip for the RAM trail. I'll cover both signs. (and obstical names too.)

drtsqrl

I luv Pritchett
Great!!! Let me know about material costs so that we can cut a check in advance or reimburse you afterward.

Olaf, please consider the Dropkick and Lockjaw signs as a donation from Moab Friends-For-Wheelin'.

Badbuggy, let me know when you guys are coming over!

Badbuggy

rock star
Olaf, The Grand Mesa Jeep Club is going to donate the other signs. Thanks for giving us a geat place to play!

Jeff S., will Do!

Olaf

Supporting Member
Thanks Guys for the signs! I'm happy to know like minded people who are willing to put so much effort into this playground! We can't say thank you enough!

gahi

I cant tell if these are covered or not, but If you still need the frames for the sponsor signs figured out let me know. I can do the actual sponsor signs as well if needed.

Chevycrew

I have some aluminum signs that arent being used, I think they measure 3' wide by 2' high. Maybe bigger (Ill measure and update later)

You are welcome to them if we can find a ride down for them. (I know not the exact size you are after)

drtsqrl

I luv Pritchett
So we got the trailhead signs installed for Dropkick and Lockjaw at each end, plus a few arrows here and there. Still need to add a few more arrows to eliminate confusion. Here's a few pics...

IMGP5358.jpg
[/IMG]
IMGP5362.jpg
[/IMG]
IMGP5372.jpg
[/IMG]
IMGP5360.jpg
[/IMG]
IMGP5369.jpg
[/IMG]

Olaf

Supporting Member
I have some aluminum signs that arent being used, I think they measure 3' wide by 2' high. Maybe bigger (Ill measure and update later)

You are welcome to them if we can find a ride down for them. (I know not the exact size you are after)

Do you have a picture so that I can get an idea of what they look like?

Thanks