Signage around AreaBFE

gahi

Here's the idea for the sponsor signs. View attachment 69641
Comments?

I'd make them slide out the sides, especially if they're going to be very high up. Do you want the frames and poles in rusted steel? What material are you going to use for the sign blanks? Are the signs going to be two sided? Standard sign grade plywood MDO is 1/2" thick. But DiBond, or similar aluminum composite panels are spec'd at 3mm. The cost of each is similar.

Olaf

Supporting Member
We looked at sign material and it's either MDO plywood or aluminum that we'll be using. I'm told that Dibond wouldn't be good for the outdoors at AreaBFE.

I thought about hinging the side instead of the top but I don't think the signs will be high enough to make a difference.

I'm getting a quote from Jeff Stevens "Drtsqrl" for building the signs. I imagine the it will be steel similar to what out there already.

Chevycrew

Here is what I have, (showing the back) front has reflective sign stuck to it.

Attachments

• IMG-20120207-00274[1].jpg
    IMG-20120207-00274[1].jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 13

drtsqrl

I luv Pritchett
We have a GPS and are heading out to BFE on Saturday. Want to come along and get your coordinates?

Cool! Jim and I will be there, probably working on widening the skinny spot on Dropkick a bit more. We should be there around 10. If we could get the new trails ZGPS'd that would be great.

bigc73lac

I have extra time and material to build arrow signs and trail head signs maybe some arrows with trail name initials in them to help direct people clear through the trail. I would love to donate to such a good cause if you could just pm me and let me know how i could help.
We are planning a trip down the first weekend of march. If you could get me some ideas I could get them built and deliver them that weekend.

Olaf

Supporting Member
I have extra time and material to build arrow signs and trail head signs maybe some arrows with trail name initials in them to help direct people clear through the trail. I would love to donate to such a good cause if you could just pm me and let me know how i could help.
We are planning a trip down the first weekend of march. If you could get me some ideas I could get them built and deliver them that weekend.

Thanks for your offer! We do need signs/arrows on Green Day and Minor Threat but the spots will have to be decided on. Let me find out what's needed at this point from our volunteers.

At the moment, Jeff "Drtsqrl" Stevens is making the sign structures for our semi-permanent sponsor signs.

greenjeep

Cause it's green, duh!
We ran Dropkick, S&M, and Blackout this weekend, and first off, awesome job Jeff and Jim the trails are great! Second, the signs for the 3 trail are well placed and easy to follow, again, well done! Third, Smashing Pumpkins looks MEAN!!

Badbuggy

rock star
Noticed the "Helldorado" sign was still gone so I made one, next time I am over there I'll weld it down.
P3280155.jpg