SLOREX 2/24-25

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
I was planning on going today..... But wtf? Who runs a show Friday and Saturday?
I thought the same thing. Maybe a cost thing? I'm sure Brian can fill us in.
BeWilder needs to become the official beer sponsor, though! The amount of people wandering around the show double fisting was hilarious. That said, being a sXs show, it's more of a Natty Light crowd. So they may not appreciate your finely crafted barley pop.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
Delta Classic 😂
😘
I’m not sure why the show is Friday and Saturday but maybe they have stats to show that adding Sunday isn’t worthwhile? Or maybe getting volunteers on Sunday is harder? I dunno not my deal…

DCRC is Friday and Saturday because it’s always been that way. There will always be a select few that complain about it being Friday-Saturday and another select few that complain about it being Memorial Day weekend. It’s important to just ignore them since they are FEW 🤣

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
😘
I’m not sure why the show is Friday and Saturday but maybe they have stats to show that adding Sunday isn’t worthwhile? Or maybe getting volunteers on Sunday is harder? I dunno not my deal…

DCRC is Friday and Saturday because it’s always been that way. There will always be a select few that complain about it being Friday-Saturday and another select few that complain about it being Memorial Day weekend. It’s important to just ignore them since they are FEW 🤣

Especially on Memorial Day, I like that it was on Friday/Saturday. Sunday/Monday we could still do the family Memorial Day thing. (whole other tangent with Memorial Day purpose but I'll save that for a different discussion)

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
I thought the same thing. Maybe a cost thing? I'm sure Brian can fill us in.

Statistics.

Saturday is always the busy day. Friday or Sunday are the bookends, and are significantly less. But neither is better than the other. So when choosing Fri/sat or sat/sun it come down to preference, and the producers nod goes to Fri/sat.
There has been talk of going Fri-Sun.. but that seemed too much for some vendors.

Agility Customs

Vendor
Statistics.

Saturday is always the busy day. Friday or Sunday are the bookends, and are significantly less. But neither is better than the other. So when choosing Fri/sat or sat/sun it come down to preference, and the producers nod goes to Fri/sat.
There has been talk of going Fri-Sun.. but that seemed too much for some vendors.

As a vendor, loading in Thursday and then spending the next 2 entire days there and getting home well after 10 both nights a 3rd day would suck! I’m also not a social butterfly so maybe someone better at being an extrovert than I would enjoy it.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
As a vendor, loading in Thursday and then spending the next 2 entire days there and getting home well after 10 both nights a 3rd day would suck! I’m also not a social butterfly so maybe someone better at being an extrovert than I would enjoy it.
Yeah I barely have a voice and feel like I ran a marathon lol

Coco

I definitely did the vendor show thing with I was with LROR, and SGUSA. 2 full days is a lot, adding that third day did really suck. It is harder I am sure for the more mom/pop companies to do 3 full days, and I personally like the Fri/Sat schedule, but that is after all just me. I cant imagine being someone like JM Rigging. One man band going for 3 full days, but Jim is always a stud and I was happy to pick up some more of his product while I was there. :cool:

I did really enjoy the show however. Good to see the RME folks I did run into as well.