small houses - i dig 'em

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
80 acres for $48k... - http://www.realtor.com/realestatean...tn-W-Rd_Gold-Hill_UT_84083_M29115-20573?row=1

Listed at $600/acre with 640 acres total, but they'll separate to 80 acre pieces.

80 acres @ $600/acre = $48k... that's a LOT of land for the $$$.

Interesting they call that Gold Hill as it is 100 miles north :D

You would have a neat neighbor out there, Ivo from Czechoslovakia.

Box Elder is kinda funky with that land up there. There were some companies buying big parcels like that and then selling off 1-5 acre 'recreation' lots on eBay and KSL 5-6 years ago. The county actually passed zoning laws to prohibit building on plots less than 80 acres? I can't recall the details 100% but those that bought the lots were grandfathered in and the out-of-state real estate dealers had to back off the small lots. With that there are a ton of misc. parcels always popping up out there, just recently there was one a few miles west of the Sun Tunnels that looked pretty neat.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Google has very little info on any land for sale in this area aside from a few old listings without much info. Look like a neat area if you have any info you can send my way or point me to please do.

I've not seen too many lots pop up in Gold Hill proper, fwiw my lots are literally part of the old ghost town, the deeds originated in 1919. The plus side is the neat history, the downside is I have neighbors a half mile away. I'm looking at that as a pro however because I'm worried any remote cabin is going to get riddled with bullet holes... at least if there are year-round neighbors within earshot, things might last a bit longer?

Greg

I run a tight ship... wreck
Admin
Interesting they call that Gold Hill as it is 100 miles north :D

You would have a neat neighbor out there, Ivo from Czechoslovakia.

Box Elder is kinda funky with that land up there. There were some companies buying big parcels like that and then selling off 1-5 acre 'recreation' lots on eBay and KSL 5-6 years ago. The county actually passed zoning laws to prohibit building on plots less than 80 acres? I can't recall the details 100% but those that bought the lots were grandfathered in and the out-of-state real estate dealers had to back off the small lots. With that there are a ton of misc. parcels always popping up out there, just recently there was one a few miles west of the Sun Tunnels that looked pretty neat.

They probably didn't know what else to call it... :rofl:

Interesting about the land being split up and resold, out here you can't drill a well unless you have 36+ acres... any less and they won't issue you a permit to drill.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
They probably didn't know what else to call it... :rofl:

Interesting about the land being split up and resold, out here you can't drill a well unless you have 36+ acres... any less and they won't issue you a permit to drill.

I just looked at the zoning, MU-160 which as I'm reading means minimum of 160 acres to build, drill, etc.

sixstringsteve

haha, I came across that same picture in my research. I'd love to watch someone try to climb out of that covered in water. There's gotta be a bench in there somewhere or else they'd all be sliding into the middle together.

O'neal

?????????
Speaking of small houses,the wife and I have been talking building a tiny house....the one's people are building on trailer's.We like our current home but don't want it forever either.Wont happen for 3-6yrs year's but the idea is to sell everything,build a tiny,get a chunk of property,setup camp and get off the grid so to speak....have no bill's or mortgage and have a lot more freedom.

Last edited: