So how horrible is living in Grantsville??

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
well the one she wants is a short sale. Someone put an offer in of 180k 2 months ago with no word back from the bank yet.

If we make an offer it will be a secondary offer if the first one falls thru.

HMMM

ChestonScout

Fyi anyone considering compass pointe (building a lot of homes in Grantsville) needs to contact me. I have some extremely serious issues in my home right now that if where in your shoes I would like to see and or know about.

not to take my thread off course but I would guess most builders have problem houses here and there. Its their willingness to fix the problems that is important. I hope they are taking care of you in that aspect.

I live in Stansbury Park and love it! I would have no problem living in grantsville. My commute to near the slc airport rarely takes more than 35 minutes door to door since 36 was widened years ago. Maybe 3-4 bad days every winter exceed that.

In the interest if full disclosure, I grew up in tooele.

D

Deleted member 12904

I love living in G-ville now but IMO at the rate of growth and I'm seeing it won't be more than 5 years before the things I love about my town being gone. It will soon be a Herriman with way more people than the roads and town can support. Without any business the town will not have money to expand untill it's to late. After that we will have crazy bad traffic during road construction and it will go from a small town feel to a crappy suburb like daybreak or any of those. I tell my wife all the time we messed up and should have moved farther out.

D

Deleted member 12904

I thought you loved it out there?

I do but with all of the people moving out here it is taking away the things I love about it. Won't be long before you can't ride from your house to trails. Idk I'm sure people feel the same way about me moving out a few years ago but I hate the way my neighborhood is devolving into a daybreak type maze of never ending houses.

Greg

I run a tight ship... wreck
Admin
well the one she wants is a short sale. Someone put an offer in of 180k 2 months ago with no word back from the bank yet.

If we make an offer it will be a secondary offer if the first one falls thru.

HMMM

We put in an offer higher than asking price on a short sale and didn't hear back for 3+ months.... we finally backed out of the deal. I think some banks WANT short sales to fall thru, so they can move into foreclosure and relist the home and get more money out of the home & recover their money. Long story short, don't hold your breath putting in an offer on a short sale.

Otherwise, best of luck to you guys!

Tonkaman

I do but with all of the people moving out here it is taking away the things I love about it. Won't be long before you can't ride from your house to trails. Idk I'm sure people feel the same way about me moving out a few years ago but I hate the way my neighborhood is devolving into a daybreak type maze of never ending houses.

That's how I feel about Heber where I grew up. I get it now

ChestonScout

We put in an offer higher than asking price on a short sale and didn't hear back for 3+ months.... we finally backed out of the deal. I think some banks WANT short sales to fall thru, so they can move into foreclosure and relist the home and get more money out of the home & recover their money. Long story short, don't hold your breath putting in an offer on a short sale.

Otherwise, best of luck to you guys!

Ya....Im not one to play many games. Im not in any hurry to move but I dont want to sit around wondering for months either.

Cheston, that property I sent you the link to is a foreclosure.... ;) The shop would be perfect for me, but alas. :/

Hmm. Thats either good or bad. Is the shop tall enough to fit a monster truck??

D

Deleted member 12904

That's how I feel about Heber where I grew up. I get it now
People are moving out for cheap land and bigger houses but don't care for the small town. I'm all for new neighbors that are willing to try and keep a small town feel but I have new neighbors complaining nothing is open on Sunday and and how they wish this or that would open up. I like the town closed on Sunday I like having to drive into town (tooele) or the city ( salt lake ) to get things. I like that I know everyone on my street because we are friends.