Jeep So... I just put down a deposit- The Britney rebuild thread.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Obviously progress on Britney has been almost non-existent because of the tile project, my schedule, and funding. I have snuck a few items into items past the gatekeeper in the past couple months though. Being stuck in a truck for 60 hours a week certainly has helped me think about the plans for her.

I picked up a locker for the rear 14 bolt.

173A1C3C-D7A7-4881-B826-B3E3ACE40C6F.jpeg

That should be a nice upgrade from the current Lincoln locker.

I also picked up some 17" wheels. Tires will have to wait a while, but the 16.5" wheels that are currently on her are not long term.

1488BAEF-0043-44CE-AF2B-A2802D9E47E6.jpeg

And I ordered Britney a belly button ring.
C73F2B0B-17D5-4543-A94B-F4C225102CE0.jpeg

20 years ago I swapped in a 289 V8 that was given to me. I couldn't find the right water pump pulley back then, so I shortened one with a grinder and a stick welder. It wobbles a bit. This should fix the wobble, but little sparkly bits on a lady's belly button are sexy too. 😁

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Come on!

E7AB7E57-9B0C-4150-B7C3-3DE7176448DA.jpeg

Also, if you haven't checked out Britney Spears Instagram account, grab some popcorn and take a look. She's legit cuckoo.

I started calling my Jeep Britney Spears way back in the day as a joke. She was crazy popular and I couldn't stand her. My wife at the time would put up posters of her in the garage while I was away at work just to torment me. I use to tell people I named my Jeep Britney Spears because I liked to bash her into rocks. Now I call her Britney because she has ISSUES.

Anyway, her current mental state is a sad situation, but she still makes music that still brings her fans happiness. Just like my Jeep.

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
Also, if you haven't checked out Britney Spears Instagram account, grab some popcorn and take a look. She's legit cuckoo.

Thank you for ruining all of my fond high school memories and dreams. I don't know that I will ever recover.
#nutz
#needsmorefilters
#pleasephotoshop
#notyoungcutebritneyanymore
#crazywasasongnotagoal

I just hope that I can still listen to her songs with happiness, and that my recent IG viewing wont ruin the music also.

Pile of parts

I also picked up some 17" wheels. Tires will have to wait a while, but the 16.5" wheels that are currently on her are not long term.
Speaking of tires... How's that tire groover treating you? I have some TSLs I'd like to work over, if you want to sell or rent it. Also, I have a few things from my old CJ 5 I'll let you look at. If they work for you, you can have them.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Speaking of tires... How's that tire groover treating you? I have some TSLs I'd like to work over, if you want to sell or rent it. Also, I have a few things from my old CJ 5 I'll let you look at. If they work for you, you can have them.
You can definitely borrow it. I messed with it for about an hour. Haven't touched it since.