Political So now what

Political discussions within

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I wonder if Biden will take responsibility for stating just recently, that "It's time to put Trump in a bullseye"

It sounds like incitement to violence or an assassination attempt to me...

Now he's talking about cooling down the political rhetoric in this country, after he and his followers have done nothing but encourage it. I was initially wondering if little robert deniro was the cowardly shooter...
This just sounds a lot like the pot calling the kettle black. Trump is guilty of incitement more than anyone, and he and his members have the loudest and most obnoxious (and low brow) political rhetoric of the last few decades. Maybe ever. How many "let's go Brandon" and sleepy Joe bumper stickers do you really need to print?

That's not justifying anything that has happened here. Both sides are guilty of all the same shit.

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
This just sounds a lot like the pot calling the kettle black. Trump is guilty of incitement more than anyone, and he and his members have the loudest and most obnoxious (and low brow) political rhetoric of the last few decades. Maybe ever. How many "let's go Brandon" and sleepy Joe bumper stickers do you really need to print?

That's not justifying anything that has happened here. Both sides are guilty of all the same shit.

BUT, I don't recall any actors or famous people or politicians holding press conferences about cutting off Bidens head, or assassinating Biden, or calling for active rioting.

Pike2350

BUT, I don't recall any actors or famous people or politicians holding press conferences about cutting off Bidens head, or assassinating Biden, or calling for active rioting.
You don't like how the media paints all Republicans or Trump supporters as violent or racist, based on the actions of plenty of Trump supporters yet you want to now paint all of the Dem's as the same as the idiot actors or famous people that did it in relation to Trump. Seems a bit of the pot meet kettle as Cody said.

Also, let's be honest with there are very few famous people or actors that actually support Trump and hate Biden it seems, so it's hard to see something when it isn't there....but I can promise there has been A LOT of Joe Bidens hanging from nooses in rural America.

Last edited:

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
You don't like how the media paints all Republicans or Trump supporters as violent or racist, based on the actions of plenty of Trump supporters yet you want to now paint all of the Dem's as the same as the idiot actors or famous people that did it in relation to Trump. Seems a bit of the pot meet kettle as Cody said.

Also, let's be honest with there are very few famous people or actors that actually support Trump and hate Biden it seems, so it's hard to see something when it isn't there.

Hard disagree.
I’m not claiming either side is good.
But if you had to pick one that openly calls for more violence and destruction, it’s the left hands down.

02SE

Please.

It's been a constant, non-stop smear campaign on Trump from the left, since 2016. Are there any late night talk shows (Colbert, Kimmel, etc) that don't smear Trump and Republicans nearly every night? Or the mainstream media? Anyone remember the 2+ years of hearing on mainstream media about how the Mueller Report was going to bring Trump down. Then it came out... Oh... uhhhh... nevermind....

I (and most everyone else) stopped subscribing to The Salt Lake Tribune, when they lost any sliver of objectivity, and just became full-on leftist propaganda. They tried to get me to take it for free, after no one was dumb enough to pay for it. I used it for the only thing it was good for: Putting down to catch oil spills during oil changes.

Then you have old Joe stating it's time to put Trump in the bullseye. Days later, a crackpot who has donated cash to a democrat cause, does just that.

How many liberal so-called celebrities have openly threatened Trumps life, with NO consequences?

That's what I thought.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
Please.

It's been a constant, non-stop smear campaign on Trump from the left, since 2016. Are there any late night talk shows (Colbert, Kimmel, etc) that don't smear Trump and Republicans nearly every night? Or the mainstream media? Anyone remember the 2+ years of hearing on mainstream media about how the Mueller Report was going to bring Trump down. Then it came out... Oh... uhhhh... nevermind....
I have no idea. I haven't had broadcast TV in at least 10 years. Personally I think Trump writes his his own smear campaign. Obviously comedians are going to make fun of the guy with the biggest bulls eye on him. Like iPhone's and Facebook, I think I'm 20 years too old and 20 years too young to be watching TV like that.
I (and most everyone else) stopped subscribing to The Salt Lake Tribune, when they lost any sliver of objectivity, and just became full-on leftist propaganda. They tried to get me to take it for free, after no one was dumb enough to pay for it. I used it for the only thing it was good for: Putting down to catch oil spills during oil changes.
That's a bit inductive...obviously. It's not like there is any print media thriving lol.
Then you have old Joe stating it's time to put Trump in the bullseye. Days later, a crackpot who has donated cash to a democrat cause, does just that.
This feels like cherry picking. Sure, he gave $15 to some democratic pac when he was 17. He was also registered as republican. Neither of those two things are red flags or say much of anything about what was really in his head. He could have had a crush on some girl that was collecting donations or voter registrations one day during lunch break. Has anyone come forward with actual knowledge of his politics or state of mind?
How many liberal so-called celebrities have openly threatened Trumps life, with NO consequences?

That's what I thought.
Is this a thing? I've never heard of this, but again I haven't had TV channels for at least a decade. Since I have no idea, I'll take your word for it. Threatening a former president.. Or anyone's life.. Seems like a dumb idea, but I'm guessing there is context here that might be important.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
This whole thing is a joke. This country is being ran by corporations that own both parties and the result is that we will fight each other to the death. It's sad. Whatever the political leaning of this shooter, it's likely that they just solidified a Trump victory. Does that make more sense if he was a D or and R affiliate? I don't know and I don't care. You cannot get accurate information about anything anymore and again, I don't care. Watching or reading any news does not make you more informed, it just makes you more indoctrinated no matter your news source.

I've noticed that since I've eliminated all the political posts and sources from my social media and just watch Motorcycle, Jeep and MTB stuff, I'm now getting Male vs Female curated division content. Posts by a bot with words on a stolen image to incite division in the sexes and people take the bait so hard it's mind boggling.

Houndoc

But if you had to pick one that openly calls for more violence and destruction, it’s the left hands down.
In the years since Trump took over the GOP I would call BS on that claim.

I would say the difference is really perspective. To a "conservative" protests against police violence is nothing but destruction but armed men taking over a wildlife refugee or interfering with enforcement of grazing law is patriotism.

But it is complete dishonesty to say that Trump and his campaign have not increased the talk of political violence over the last 8 years.

Again, none of that justifies the shooting and until more is known about the shooter, all finger pointing just makes matters worse.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin

I would say the difference is really perspective. To a "conservative" protests against police violence is nothing but destruction but armed men taking over a wildlife refugee or interfering with enforcement of grazing law is patriotism.

But it is complete dishonesty to say that Trump and his campaign have not increased the talk of political violence over the last 8 years.

Again, none of that justifies the shooting and until more is known about the shooter, all finger pointing just makes matters worse.
To me, I see one side pushing back against a tyrannical state. The other side is mad because they are having a hard time freeloading. I guess I'm on the side of personal liberty over "gib me dats".

Sorry but the tour of the capital or the Bundy altercation was no where near the same deal as burning of cities in 2020 over a fentanyl overdose.

Pike2350

To me, I see one side pushing back against a tyrannical state. The other side is mad because they are having a hard time freeloading. I guess I'm on the side of personal liberty over "gib me dats".

Sorry but the tour of the capital or the Bundy altercation was no where near the same deal as burning of cities in 2020 over a fentanyl overdose.
I would say that is exactly what @Houndoc is saying. YOUR perspective is "tainted" by your beliefs in the Trump and the Replublicans. You even basically disregard any context that lead up to the burning of cities. This is no different then the Dem's spouting their tainted perspectives that Trump will be the end of democracy, or that every disgreement with what they do is some form of phobia or racisim.

I'm not saying the riots and burning were right....far from it. BUT, to many of those (certainly not all) it was frustration over being, what they see as beaten down on for YEARS by the "system" I can say, having an adopted nephew that is black, there is certainly something to be said to the disproportionate law enforcement that goes on. Many that protested came out and did no damage, no burning, just protested. You would still think that all fo that was very different then Bundy or the Jan 6th Capital attack. Just like many that are on the opposite side of the fence see the Jan 6 "tour" as Trump and his followers trying to overthrow the government. Many people at the capital were there doing no harm and may very well have just "toured" the capital, so while perspective drives your view. I'm not saying your are right or wrong, just pointing out you can't remove your bias from the discussion.

Everyone has their biases, but what I believe has happened over the past 20 years is that for SO MANY people, those biases have become more hardline....more "I'm right, their wrong" No longer is it a difference of opinion or difference of how to fix things. Now, it's "If you don't agree with me, or chose to try and fix a problem in a different way, you are WRONG, but not only are you wrong, you are trying to destroy the country" It's getting very old to hear from BOTH SIDES. Stop thinking the other side is trying to destroy the country. Generally, people are good people and want many of the same things. They may differ on how to achieve them is different but, it doesn't make them wrong and you right....stop immediately disregarding anything someone says as wrong because you disagree with them, or they have a (D) or (R) next to them. It's getting very old and it is thinking like that that will ultimately destroy this country

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks

Here is a simple litmus test.

How many privately owned assets were damaged and how many private citizens were injured by the "conservative violence" .

The interfering with enforcement of grazing law resulted in zero damage to any property and zero innocent civilian injuries and casualties. I'm not saying it was right or justified, just that it was contained to the people protesting and the government agents attempting to enforce.
The J6 event had some injuries but it was all participants. No innocent private citizen going about their day was assaulted or killed. All damage was to government property.

The 2020 protests were a completely different thing. They protested government violence against the populace by destroying private property and assaulting civilians. Am I incorrect in that statement? If they had gone to police stations and damaged police property and assaulted police officers, that would be a more accurate comparison.

02SE

I have no idea. I haven't had broadcast TV in at least 10 years. Personally I think Trump writes his his own smear campaign. Obviously comedians are going to make fun of the guy with the biggest bulls eye on him. Like iPhone's and Facebook, I think I'm 20 years too old and 20 years too young to be watching TV like that.

That's a bit inductive...obviously. It's not like there is any print media thriving lol.

This feels like cherry picking. Sure, he gave $15 to some democratic pac when he was 17. He was also registered as republican. Neither of those two things are red flags or say much of anything about what was really in his head. He could have had a crush on some girl that was collecting donations or voter registrations one day during lunch break. Has anyone come forward with actual knowledge of his politics or state of mind?

Is this a thing? I've never heard of this, but again I haven't had TV channels for at least a decade. Since I have no idea, I'll take your word for it. Threatening a former president.. Or anyone's life.. Seems like a dumb idea, but I'm guessing there is context here that might be important.
In short, you don't know what you haven't been seeing.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
In short, you don't know what you haven't been seeing.
Correct, but until you form an argument without obvious disregard for logic, then you don't have an argument. You can't hit like all the elementary level fallacies in a single response and expect anyone to take it seriously. Just sayin.

I also don't think I need to tune into Jimmy ****ing Kimmel to get my news lol.

02SE

Correct, but until you form an argument without obvious disregard for logic, then you don't have an argument. You can't hit like all the elementary level fallacies in a single response and expect anyone to take it seriously. Just sayin.

I also don't think I need to tune into Jimmy ****ing Kimmel to get my news lol.

It was just a few of the endless examples of the mainstream media, and so-called entertainment that has had one clear agenda for years. At least since 2016 in regards to Trump. And no that idiot Kimmel is not 'News'. But he is influencing people who apparently can't think for themselves, and just want to be coddled and taken care of by .Gov.

As for Trump. I don't care for him personally, but I will damn sure vote for him and his policies, over the tax and spend, blundering Biden. Inflation is up approx. 30%, since old Joe got in and started implementing and pushing his policies. For me, it's first and foremost about Bidenflation.

Lets be honest, if you don't know the agenda that's pushed by the left, across the spectrum from politicians, entertainers, celebrities, etc., because you're not watching or paying attention, then you simply don't know, what you don't know.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
I'm not sold on JD Vance being Trumps VP choice. I read his book, Hillbilly Elegy when it came out because it strangely parallels the story of one branch of my family, just a generation removed. My grandfathers dirt poor Appalachian family moved from Kentucky (Drip Rock, in his case) to Middletown, Ohio to seek a better life but never really were able to escape the cycle of poverty. Fortunately my grandfather "married up", as they say, and was able to get out; but my mother was raised Warren County, OH so I have a bit of shared history with him.

Anyway, I think that Vance has an interesting life story. When he entered politics I thought that he might be a good voice for the white working class of Ohio and the greater region, but sadly I just think he's fallen into the MAGA trap and has become a bit of a bomb thrower. I particularly dislike his position on Ukraine and general MAGA opinion that the US is a second rate power in decline and needs to step back from the world stage. While I know that speaks to the Trump base voter, I was really hoping he'd pick Glenn Youngkin of Virginia or Doug Burgum of North Dakota. Two people that are a little more centrist and appealing to the "suburbs" as they say.

Its also an interesting pick from a raw political perspective. Trump will carry Ohio no matter what, so having Vance on the ticket doesn't really help there. Where having someone like Youngkin could have really helped maybe swing Virginia and would have broadened his support to skeptical conservative voters, sorta like Pence did in 2016. Oh well.

Despite all the insanity we've observed in the last three weeks, its still a 50/50 race come November. The convention is kinda Trumps last chance to convince skeptical moderates like me that he deserves my vote, but with the Vance pick I'm guessing he thinks he doesn't need our votes.

Before people go and accuse me of being a Biden supporter, stop. Take a deep breath and realize that you can dislike both candidates and refuse to vote for either. This is a choice one can make in our great nation.