Southwest Crawlfest... what went wrong?

iamsparticus

Take your Rig to the Edge
Here are some facts:
1. USA-All and U4WDA have received a list of registrants who designated them for membership. I cannot verify if BRC or UFWDA have received the list.
2. Only U4 has received any money for those registrations and it was only for part of the list.
3. United Four Wheel Drive Association provided the insurance policy for the event at the last minute and as of a couple of weeks ago, they had not been paid for the balance remaining on the policy. At that time, Steve was not returning calls to them.
4. As of a couple of weeks ago, the BLM had not been paid.
5. There has been no accountability for the land use raffle dollars.
6. Missing raffle items have not surfaced.
7. There are local businesses like Alpha Graphics who have not been paid for items related to the event.
8. Costs related to SWCF website have not been paid for.
9. No one has heard from Steve since the sh!t hit the fan.

10. And the most important fact.........Steve threw a kick ass event and we all can't wait for next years SWCF:rolleyes:

Thanks for the recap

Robby i didnt mean for next year SWCF i mean in general i hope everything gets straightened out so other events can go on with out trouble. I plan on WOTR next year and hope other people do too. The St. George area is a well kept secret for wheeling and i hope it gets discovered by more people:greg:

OrvisKrawler

Captain Obvious
Appropriate emoticon now needs to be designed!
this one could be called :Crabtree:
asshat.gif

this one could be called :Crabtree'd:
nutkick.gif

SUPERFLY

CaptainRob
That wasn't Meant to be nessicarly directed at you sparty just more in general, u4 puts on several awesome events each year, and they have very good reputation for putting money where it needs to go. wotr is my favorite just because I love StG.

cannoncrawler

TWERNT THE MORMONS!!!!!!
So have the southern guys gone over to his shop and verified he is still around? Or did he just pack up and skip town?

Is the heat still on, or did everyone just count this as a loss?

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
I just got done reading the article in 4Wheel & Off-Road. Steve claimed 250 registrants in the story that encompassed 700 people. And let's not forget about the $'s for land use.

I submitted a letter to the editor online suggesting they look into the aftermath of this event.

planman

Curious to know if organizations eventually got paid and/or if regulatory/law enforcement agencies ever did anything about this.

Any updates?

I'd imagine that the BLM would never give permits again with Steve even remotely involved and that no sponsors would ever participate in anything having to do with him in the future.

Just curious.

I'd also expect not to see his rig in Moab during EJS.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
Curious to know if organizations eventually got paid and/or if regulatory/law enforcement agencies ever did anything about this.

Any updates?

I'd imagine that the BLM would never give permits again with Steve even remotely involved and that no sponsors would ever participate in anything having to do with him in the future.

Just curious.

I'd also expect not to see his rig in Moab during EJS.

I think it would be great to see him in Moab during EJS-_-

Updates? Anybody?

I can't speak for anyone else, but I know USA-All has not seen a dime for the registrations. We sent out a letter telling the people who designated us in their registration that we were providing their membership without payment.

Looking at Steves profile here on RME, it looks like he has been lurking a little bit. He last logged on 4/15.

http://www.rme4x4.com/member.php?u=6560