Spotted

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Yup Unimog, built by Global Expedition Vehicles in Missouri. I had the opportunity to tour their facility earlier this year, very impressive. Understandably he wasn't super warm with us snapping pics in the assembly area but here are some finished products they had.

GEX_1.jpg

GEX_2.jpg

GEX_3.jpg

GEX_4.jpg

skiboarder

SkiBoarder
I was up at the cabin by smith and moorehouse lake last week. A expedition vehicle passed me. It had VW emblems and definitely had a Diesel engine. The exterior was fiberglass and look well made. Couldn't get any pics. I was on my bike pedaling in the other direction. Has anyone seen this, or something like it.

Rock Taco

I was up at the cabin by smith and moorehouse lake last week. A expedition vehicle passed me. It had VW emblems and definitely had a Diesel engine. The exterior was fiberglass and look well made. Couldn't get any pics. I was on my bike pedaling in the other direction. Has anyone seen this, or something like it.

Was it this? IMG_0212.jpg

skiboarder

SkiBoarder
No I know my VWs well. It was not a syncro. It was between a syncro and what rock taco posted. It wasn't a lt 40 either.

Last edited:

Nappy

Nappystunts.com
Couple of rigs I spotted recently.... Was driving as I took the pic of the military rig. Glad I got a pic of it.....

Attachments

• IMG_1957.jpg
    IMG_1957.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_1958.jpg
    IMG_1958.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_1959.jpg
    IMG_1959.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_1858.jpg
    IMG_1858.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_1859.jpg
    IMG_1859.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 73

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
That dually is something else. Find me a trail that has that much clearance on the sides but needs that much width and that much gas, and won't thrash those silly nerf bars within an inch of their lives.

I shouldn't be so judgemental of other guys' trucks, but that's just silly.

sixstringsteve

That dually is something else. Find me a trail that has that much clearance on the sides but needs that much width and that much gas, and won't thrash those silly nerf bars within an inch of their lives.

I shouldn't be so judgemental of other guys' trucks, but that's just silly.

I want to know how long it would take with that shovel to dig out the stuck rig. :D

sixstringsteve

that would definitely make sense for a dunes rig. I hadn't thought of that possibility either. The shovel would be more useful in that situation as well. In the light of sand dunes, that actually seems like a pretty cool truck for that purpose.

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
Saw this Saturday morning heading North on I15 around NSL. It was decked and I think the front windshield had a Expedition One banner on it. Not sure if it is a shop rig but it sure looked neat.

NLzbV9xl.jpg52mKAVUl.jpgXRX7gbxl.jpg

About 2 minutes before seeing this guy I saw a JK with hardtop that had the rear side windows removed and was carrying jerry cans on some type of replacement window rack. He was towing a trailer with Kayaks and was loaded pretty heavy and was going super slow. By the time I figured out what was on the side of his top it was too late to slow down and snap a pic.