Steve's '94 Toyota x-cab mild build

sixstringsteve

thanks guys. I'll probably get a hole saw at lunch. Hopefully Lowes or HD has a hole saw that's deep enough.

Tyler, do you have that torch at your place, or is it still at your buddy's house in Alpine?

pELYgroso

'Merica
It's still at his place, but I need to get it back.....maybe I'll head up there today. At the point you're at, I'd say that a hole saw will be tough. if you're starting w/ a smooth clean frame, sure, but if the metal you're cutting isn't nice n flush with the hole saw it's a pain.....IMO

ricsrx

The hole in the frame will keep the whole saw from bouncing around and you will be able to push it thru the center piece.....trust me

sixstringsteve

sure, bring it down, and a forklift, and an engine hoist, and a... oh wait, I'm getting carried away.

I think if I put the plasma torch on it long enough, it'll just melt into a blog of liquid. I may snag a hole saw at HD today. Thanks for the offer though rick.

sixstringsteve

I'll be working on this tonight, all day tomorrow, and most of Saturday. Shoot me a PM if you want to come work on it with me any of those days.

I finally heard back from Brian from FROR, and he promised my parts would be here by the 5th, which is great. Now I'm the limiting factor if it doesn't make it to HITR.

sixstringsteve

I've got an offer with some strict criteria.

I know it's a long shot, but I'll pay $100 cash for someone to install my 4.7 t-case gears by saturday night.

Here are the criteria:
1) you must do quality work
2) you must have done at least 3 sets of t-case gears before
3) you've done at least one toy t-case before
4) you come pick it up and drop it off at my place

I know those are some strict criteria. I'm afraid I won't finish this rig in time unless I have help. Let me know if you fit the criteria and you're interested.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
taking the thread back off-topic but i went to wally world yesterday and they do have the self-etching primer in the auto paint section. it is about $1.75 cheaper than HD/Lowes. it is a green/gray color and i love it!

thanks for the tip... whoever it was that gave it

good luck with the gear-installer interviews, i hope you get some good candidates for the job :D

864runner

I know I'm your hero
Hey Steve, I don't meet your criteria to install your tcase gears but I did mine in the runner and its working just fine. I would love to help you out. I'm gonna be in your area on sat. but I'm not sure for how long. I'll try to stop by and help any way I can.

sixstringsteve

Hey Steve, I don't meet your criteria to install your tcase gears but I did mine in the runner and its working just fine. I would love to help you out. I'm gonna be in your area on sat. but I'm not sure for how long. I'll try to stop by and help any way I can.

Eric, I'll pay ya to do it, I trust you.

Last edited:

sixstringsteve

taking the thread back off-topic but i went to wally world yesterday and they do have the self-etching primer in the auto paint section. it is about $1.75 cheaper than HD/Lowes. it is a green/gray color and i love it!

thanks for the tip... whoever it was that gave it

what brand was it? Duplicolor or rustoleum?