Stinger or no?

Stinger or No?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bart

I don't really care for them. With the front tires in front of the crossmember, you shouldn't need one. I had a smaller on on my FTM buggy but don't think it ever hit anything.

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
I voted yes but it is a condtional yes. I think it needs something up there. Just make it small. Just rounding the winch. Either that or make it stick 6 feet in the air above the hood.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
a small front hoop to protect your engine/air cleaner/engine compartment/fuel injection could/would be the difference in driving back or being strapped back. (yes /'s are fun)

Just make sure from the top of your cab to the top of your hoop is enough to keep everything important for being smashed, when you go over.

gripguru

Nate Davidson
I have never seen a stinger that looked good. Adding a stinger to a buggy would be a complete waste of time. Some comments are to protect your rig / get you home, but you have a tube cage around the motor already.

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
I have never seen a stinger that looked good. Adding a stinger to a buggy would be a complete waste of time. Some comments are to protect your rig / get you home, but you have a tube cage around the motor already.

True.. I would be even less inclined to put one on a buggy that is intended to roll than a DD that I have to get home at the end of the day. With that said, I'd never put one on my DD. A good hoop to protect the winch and radiator, yes..

JParriott

THREESIX
Tried..

I Chopped a **** and balls to the front of your rig because that is what the stinger will look like. However, it may be a little graphic for some viewers. Either way it is your rig. If you dig a stinger then run with it. If anyone talks smack nerf them with it! Stingers are great for smashing into other people. Cody say's they're gay but keep in mind this is a guy who wears pilot shades and has Knoxsville for a title shot! Does it get any more homo?
Your rig is gonna rock reguardless of aesthics. Why, because you built it! Most people just talk about it. I totally respect you for that.

notajeep

Just me
Here is another shot with more of the hood\front clip structure done and the tires\wheel combo mounted.

Attachments

• Image006d.jpg
    Image006d.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 639

crawler12

I personally don't mind stingers, heck I just put one on Lost Samurai. But here's some stinger inspiration pics for ya.

100_2378.jpg

052007_1853b-1.jpg

And last but certainly not least todays super stinger winner

CJpics002.jpg

notajeep

Just me
Here are pics from the front and the other side. I am thinking NO on the stinger....

Attachments

• Image007ds.jpg
    Image007ds.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 18
  • Image010.jpg
    Image010.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 294