Take a ride in the way back machine.

OCNORB

Supporting Member
One more just because I am sick of people telling me that a near stock Cj-5 could not climb the rockpile in Pritchett...

mikeee_on_rockpile_incj5wb.jpg

roktaxi

Locked Up = More Freedom
Tim, I haven't seen Tan Man for a while. I usually see him at C.M. and he's still sad about Wilma's passing. He sounds pretty lonely. I've offered to pick him up and go wheeling, but he doesn't seem to be interested in much of anything. Is that senario sounding familiar?????

roktaxi

Locked Up = More Freedom
Sand Drags - Sept '65 - Marty sand dragging 46 Willeys yellow.jpg

This ain't Moab, but this is how I started with the Jeep thing. I had this '46 CJ-2A for 30 years and traded it (straight accross) for Burgerburners CJ-7 about 12 years ago. Jurassic Park sure brings back memories too!

TimB

Homesick
roktaxi said:
View attachment 18260

This ain't Moab, but this is how I started with the Jeep thing. I had this '46 CJ-2A for 30 years and traded it (straight accross) for Burgerburners CJ-7 about 12 years ago. Jurassic Park sure brings back memories too!

Hey - that jeeps for sale, maybe you better buy it back! ;) :rofl:

Must be something in the water over in Tan Mans Neighborhood.:confused:

OCNORB

Supporting Member
Remember when going to Moab and flexing meant something entirely different than it does now??:rofl:

mikeflexingwb.jpg

roktaxi

Locked Up = More Freedom
Tan Man doesn't live in that neighborhood anymore, so it can't be the water.:confused:
I talked with John a few days ago about the Jeep. I'd consider buying it back for about 1/3 of his asking price.:rofl:

Milner

formerly "rckcrlr"
TimB said:
I've wheeled many miles with Ber - still can't seem to keep up with him. He can definately get a lot of country covered in a day.

Marty do you ever see the Tan Man these days? I've not seen him in a while.

I can't keep up with him hiking either! Tan Man....now that is a cool man too.

fonzisjeepn

WOW:) :) I love to see this old time wheeling stuff. I bought my first jeep 97 or 98. I had it for about 5 years in just that short time a saw the 4 wheeling industry take huge leaps but nothing compared to what it has in the last two years. I'm buying a tj that will be way pimped out Mt. Logan offroad is building it. I was wondering how far do you think the rigs and products will grow. What do you think is the next big thing. I mean leaf spring are now becoming a thing of the past. When i sprung over my jeep (5 YEARS AGO) it was like wow i can fit 35 maybe 37 now people are coils or coil over shocks 3 links 4 links. WHAT IS NEXT.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
fonzisjeepn said:
... WHAT IS NEXT.

I think the tide is already turning... More and more people are building streetable rigs, places for buggies and trailer rigs are getting few and far inbetween. I could't imaging running the trails I prefer in a "buggy". There is a place for everything, don't get me wrong... but I truly think people are starting to sway away from buggy's and get back to streetable, long-distance worthy, capable rigs. My 2 cents... Feel free to differ...

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
cruiseroutfit said:
I think the tide is already turning... More and more people are building streetable rigs, places for buggies and trailer rigs are getting few and far inbetween. I could't imaging running the trails I prefer in a "buggy". There is a place for everything, don't get me wrong... but I truly think people are starting to sway away from buggy's and get back to streetable, long-distance worthy, capable rigs. My 2 cents... Feel free to differ...

I'm building mine with leaf springs. Just beefy axles and Chev powertrain for reliability.

olywrestle

Duct Tape
EKSJAE said:
i have a bunch of old slides of my grandfather in his suburban on many trails in moab. usually with a group of blazers and wagoneers. i will have to see if i can get some of them on to my computer some how. most of these photos are from 30+ years ago.

its kind of cool to see how things have changed and stayed the same over the years.
I think my dad has some sort of machine that gets slides onto video tape? i will look to see if it can be modified to go to a computer also... I would love to see the old old pictures

Jeremy

total tacoma points: 162
olywrestle said:
I think my dad has some sort of machine that gets slides onto video tape? i will look to see if it can be modified to go to a computer also... I would love to see the old old pictures

SWEET. i probably have 1000 slides of my grandpas from the 60s and 70s. many of him with his 'burban' in moab, mineral basin and others. i have tried to find some one to convert them to digital format, but they are just too damn expensive.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
EKSJAE said:
SWEET. i probably have 1000 slides of my grandpas from the 60s and 70s. many of him with his 'burban' in moab, mineral basin and others. i have tried to find some one to convert them to digital format, but they are just too damn expensive.

Don't some scanners have this option? I know they do from negatives, I'm just not sure if they can do slides.

Jeremy

total tacoma points: 162
mbryson said:
Don't some scanners have this option? I know they do from negatives, I'm just not sure if they can do slides.

my dad has one that is suposed to do that but it has never been used for that and i cant seem to make it work for that. i had a scanner designed just for slides, but i cant get it to run on winXP. it must not have been a popular scanner because i cant find any drivers for it to run on xp.