Tattoo's

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
I can't even think of a handwritten essay I ever took? I had plenty of huge reports to do, my senior keystone project report being nearly 100 pages. However it was all technical writing and fact based reports on experiments.

See, thats why you have a BS (Bull S***) degree. While I have a BA (Bad A**) degree. :D

Milner

formerly "rckcrlr"
Back in the Dark Ages when I took freshman "Writing for the the Academic Discourse Community" We hand wrote 2-5 pages DAILY, typed 5-10 due each Friday, a couple 10-20's, one 30+, and our Final was a 3 hour hand written argument defending the grade we thought we should get. An A on the paper meant you got the grade you asked for. However that was at a small liberal school;)

At the U the most I ever hand wrote was 1-2 pages on essay questions. I did have several MONSTER papers though!!

Wow, this thread has taken off on a wild tangent, even for us.

As for the Tat, get what YOU want. Don't listen to people that don't like it, who cares....it is on you for you!! However, DO take the advice of finding the BEST artist you can afford. A bad artist can ruin the best art work, a good artist can transfer it to skin, A great artist can improve it and make it amazing on your skin.

As for me, I knew the design and thought long and hard for a year before I committed to it. It has meaning to me that most would not understand, but that is ok. They probably will never see it.

Jeremy

total tacoma points: 162
Well, after a lot of thought, and looking at this picture for several months i know what im going to get. It will be slightly different then this picture:

i am not being critical, but if you really want that to look good, dont take it to an artist and say "this is what i want. put this on my skin"

take the picture in as an idea, and let the artist create it for you. it will look a lot better if he is puting his own work on you rather than putting someone elses design on you. if you dont like it,tell him its not right and if he is a decent artist, he will redraw it untill it is what you want.

grandmaster

Let the build Re-begin
i am not being critical, but if you really want that to look good, dont take it to an artist and say "this is what i want. put this on my skin"

take the picture in as an idea, and let the artist create it for you. it will look a lot better if he is puting his own work on you rather than putting someone elses design on you. if you dont like it,tell him its not right and if he is a decent artist, he will redraw it untill it is what you want.

That is exactly what i was planning on doing. And I would like to find a good artist, i just dont want to pay a fortune for it either. There has to be a happy medium.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
not true. There does not have to be a happy medium. Unless you're getting it done for the wrong reasons, you can wait until you have the extra couple hundred bucks to have it done right by someone that is good at what they do.

If you're getting it done to be fashionable, then bay all means, make an appointment with the first person who has an appointment that happens to work in the shop with someone that has some skill. That way you can say you had it done at a good shop, even though it's cheap shitty work.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
With tattoos, you get what you pay for a lot more than other industries. It is not the easiest thing in the world to make really good tattoos, the level of skill and talent is pretty high.

Save the money.

grandmaster

Let the build Re-begin
Yeah i guess the "you get what you pay for" phrase does apply here. Thanks guys, I will wait a few more months until i come up with a couple hundred extra and then go get it at a good shop and by a good artist

Dominic

Yes i know its there forever, thanks for reminding me. I have wanted this sence i was 16 just never had anyone that could draw it for me. I was going to go to big deluxe, they have some good artists there too, but i will look into getting it at one of the places you mentioned. Have any addresses for those places? Or where about they are?

Well it probably means nothing to you, and what it means to me is probably pretty cheesy to you. It has a double meaning to it. The balance (scale) is my Astrological symbol, and the snake is my chinese zodiac sign. The balace represents my life and how i try to live it (if you knew me really well you would understand) and the snake represents me. I think i want it all black and grey with green eyes on the snake.

Keep it to yourself man, your not the one that has to live with it, and you dont even have too look at it if you dont want to. Your entitled to your opinion, but i think "horendous" was a little over the top, a friend drew it and the tattoo artist will redraw it to make it look a bit better.

I tried to chang it but i dont know if it worked...

That is the thing that will be changed. The "scale" will be straight instead of tipped, thats just something that was her idea, but it will be changed. Any other questions.

From what I have seen from Big deluxe there is only one artist there that I have ever been impressed by Rich, but you won't be able to get into him unless you are in some way very connected.

Eleventh Street Electric Gallery is about 1900 south and 1100 east near Fiddlers Elbow (google for exact address) #801-467-4418 Everyone there is good but every artist has his own specialties. Jake Miller has been doing my chest piece and he did my back peice as well. I really like stuff I have been seeing from Cj Fishburn and Anthony Pagano. Myspace link http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=111934695

Goodtimes Tattoo (200 s and about 545 west) I am not familar with all the artist's there except Alex and Vic. Vic's work is unmistakeable, no one uses as vibrant of colors as he does in the state. He isn't taking clients right now because he is booked out for the rest of the year but he usually does and open enrollment type of thing in January or Febuary. If you are planning on waiting a bit to do your piece Vic would be a solid choice. I have heard really good things about Alex and from what I have seen he is a great artist as well.

Also you should check into some of the visiting artist's that will be coming in Feb. to the Tattoo convention I am getting some work done by Dave Kruseman from Memorial Tattoo this year myspace link http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=6153508

Good luck.

grandmaster

Let the build Re-begin
Thanks for all the info, I subscribed to this thread so now i can come back and look at the addresses and phone #'s you gave me. I will take your word for it and try and get one of the artists you mentioned. Maybe I will get one when i come back to salt lake around christmas time. I will keep you updated and be sure to post a picture when its done.