The "Back in my day" thread.

DAA

The one in the convention hall was High n Dry. They weren't the headliner but who I went to see and I can't even remember who the headliner was anymore (Krokus?). But I went to every single concert that came to town back then. Even if I didn't like the band I always loved the metal sluts.

- DAA

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
The one in the convention hall was High n Dry. They weren't the headliner but who I went to see and I can't even remember who the headliner was anymore (Krokus?). But I went to every single concert that came to town back then. Even if I didn't like the band I always loved the metal sluts.

- DAA

Those were something to see. We drove down from Smithfield often. Not every show but a lot of them. '85 is when we started having folks that could drive the Z28 or requisite Trans Am down.

Reactions: DAA

Vonski

nothing to see here...
What's the story for that?
Up to this time, there was bowl seating and VIP rows of seats that were right up front or off to either side of the stage. There was also general admission or “floor” seating. Except that floor-level area didn’t have seats at all, just a sit or stand free for all area of a couple thousand people. I don’t remember what started it, but there was a stampede down there.

DAA

There were seats on the floor and your ticket was for a specific seat for all the shows up until shortly before the AC/DC thing. Just once the lights went down and the show started everyone got up and tried to get to the very front. We always managed to get to the very front. If we didn't have floor tickets, we'd go down there from wherever our tickets were and push our way to the stage.

Those seats were like metal folding chairs, but connected in fours. I had to start swinging one of those four chair sections around once when me and my buddy were getting our asses kicked. Got in quite a few fist fights on the floor. It was part of the appeal of going to the shows.

And as chaotic and dangerous as that sounds, and it was, it was nothing compared to when they started making that general admission. That was a very bad idea. Even we didn't like it.

- DAA

Vonski

nothing to see here...
There were seats on the floor and your ticket was for a specific seat for all the shows up until shortly before the AC/DC thing. Just once the lights went down and the show started everyone got up and tried to get to the very front. We always managed to get to the very front. If we didn't have floor tickets, we'd go down there from wherever our tickets were and push our way to the stage.

Those seats were like metal folding chairs, but connected in fours. I had to start swinging one of those four chair sections around once when me and my buddy were getting our asses kicked. Got in quite a few fist fights on the floor. It was part of the appeal of going to the shows.

And as chaotic and dangerous as that sounds, and it was, it was nothing compared to when they started making that general admission. That was a very bad idea. Even we didn't like it.

- DAA
I was in the upper bowl the whole time. So, there were seats for all of the floor? Looks like reports don’t all agree on this. Obviously, you knew first hand.