The RME ride we've all been waiting for.

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
Supporting Member
Ok dudes.. Its time to set this one in stone! ;) Lets figure out what works for everyone and discuss who, what, when and where. What I'd like is for everyone that posts in this forum to come along with friends/spouses if you'd like. Maybe a camp-out and pot luck what do you think? A lot of us have street legal bikes now, but I'd prefer to not limit it to that unless everyone interested has one.

Just a few ideas: I'm thinking the AF trail network would be best as it is sort of in the middle of the state. Or if we picked fall the Swell or Little Sahara area (whether it be sand dunes or trails) would be a riot. And lastly there are a ton of trails up here, but its a pretty long drive of some of you I know :-\

I'll be in New York July 22-Aug 1 and Labor day weekend is booked as well. Other than that I'm open as long as we schedule it in advance I can usually get the time off work.

UPDATE

For those just tuning in: Mark your calenders for the following weekends. As of now we are shooting for a group ride on the fourth weekend of every month. Again everyone is welcome to join however most of these rides will be best suited for dirtbikes. I think everything after August is suggested so feel free to give ideas or suggestions ;)

July 23 - AF Canyon
Aug 27 - AF canyon. Likely an overnighter and pot luck/BBQ.
Sept24 - Cherry Creek/Little Sahara (they're 5 min away from each other)
Oct 22 - San Raphael Swell/possible overnighter. Color trails, Waterfall trail and 5MOH are likely and/or maybe a scenic long distance cruise for the dual sport bikes.
Nov 26 - Moab/green river (possibilities here are endless :cool:)

Last edited:

sixstringsteve

I need a month to finish my bike, then I'm down almost any weekend. I think the trail areas you suggested would work great. I prefer AF canyon over little sahara for the variety of trails available, but I'll go wherever.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
The Swell is going to be warm until later in the fall, thus my vote would be fall for that. I've got a pretty crammed summer/fall so I'll just wait for you guys to come up with dates and hope I can make it.

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
I dont think I have a free saturday until the middle of august.

I say we plan something in the fall tho. That will give everyone time to work schedules (and build bikes)

AF canyon would be great

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Now I need a bike...luckily that won't be too tough. I'm down with wherever once I get a bike at least. I guess we will see where this goes.

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
Count me in for a monthly ride! No Sundays for me, but I can do any weekday or Saturdays. AF preferred if we are all on bikes. Sand dunes if we want quaders to join. I down for the over night camping as well :)

Greg

I run a tight ship... wreck
Admin
A monthly ride would be killer, I'd do what I can to make it to a few of them.

I think we should plan some mountain rides, that are open, with the warmer weather and then some desert rides when it cools down.

sixstringsteve

I'm with jeeper, I won't be able to go on sundays either. Not to say you can't schedule them on Sundays, I just won't be able to attend.

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
What about 4th Saturday of each month??
July 23 (gives Steve time to finish his bike)
Aug 27
Sept24
Oct 22

Caleb

I say we plan something in the fall tho. That will give everyone time to work schedules (and build bikes)

...and buy a new bike :D

I'd love to do a monthly day ride. Maybe every 6 months do a weekend ride (campout, etc). Next week I'm not available and then Sept 4-11 I'll be in Costa Rica, other than that count me in! Depending on how it goes, I may be able to kick in a door prize to be given out to someone on the ride.

I think we should plan the rides for Saturdays, it seems we'll get the most possible chance of having guys able to attend.

Last edited:

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
Supporting Member
Every month sounds great! :cool: That way if something comes up there will be a great opportunity to catch the next one. I know its tough to plan and schedule ahead, but I really hope this works out I think it would be a lot of fun.

Either way I agree Saturdays will be best--and I like the every fourth idea. August might be best for AF. September maybe little Sahara or Cherry Creek (I have a stack of sand paddles for 18-19" wheels if you guy's are interested in dunes). October/early November could be a good time for the Swell. Just shooting out some ideas :D

Caleb a prize sounds killer. Maybe that combined with a pot luck/BBQ for a Friday-Sat up AF :cool:

sixstringsteve

I like the way this is headed. Every 4th works great for me. Easy to remember, and my schedule should work out just fine.

Here are some ideas:

July 23 - AF Canyon/hobble creek
Aug 27 - AF canyon overnighter???
Sept24 - Cherry Creek/Little Sahara (they're 5 min away from each other)
Oct 22 - San Raphael Swell/possible overnighter. I wish I were good enough to ride HITR
Nov 26 - Moab/green river

MattL

I like the monthly ride thoughts as well. I cant do anything getting close to the end of August (expecting baby) but open up to then and then some time after that. It would be good to get out and meet more people.

This month might be tight getting people away from family vacations (holiday). Im still in discussion with the boss on this one.

dentedvw

uıɐƃɐ ʇɐɥʇ op ʇ,uoʍ ı
I am interested as well. I did a solo dirt bike overnight last weekend, and it was a lot of fun. More fun with someone to share it with though. I am thinking of getting out tonight too, but it's getting late, and I only got back from out of town this afternoon. If anyone wants to join me, drop a line. 80125one61eightsix. I might stay in, but could be convinced easily.
DRZ, plated, with luggage. :)