The RME ride we've all been waiting for.

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
My wife will be having a baby between now and Friday the 22nd. If it's not naturally by friday the doc is going to cut her open... So she may potentially still be in the hospital on Sat, so I would like to be somewhat close like AF Canyon if everyone else is ok with that.

Caleb

My buddy was up AFC on Thursday evening and he said the trails were all quite dry (atleast what he rode). He said there was the occasional mud puddle but you get that year round up there. I'm game for an AFC ride. I think what jeeper said is correct, 040 and 041 are all that's not open yet. I also heard that up real high still has huge snow drifts, I think that would include the ridgeline trail (I think it goes the highest of the singletrack) so we may want to avoid that one.

dentedvw

uıɐƃɐ ʇɐɥʇ op ʇ,uoʍ ı
I rode a section of the great western trail a week or so ago, but I accessed it over by Hobble Creek. It was awesome, and deserted.

Caleb

What trail are we looking at? I say we plan to meet at 9:30 and be on the trail by 10. This will make it so guys that are a little farther away aren't having to get up at the butt-crack of dawn.

A fun loop that I've done a few times is we start at the summit parking lot, catch 157 -> 173 -> 040 (we need to find out if all of 040 is closed) -> 157 -> 252 -> Back to the summit. With good riders it takes about an hour or so depending on how often you stop. None of it is real technical, there are some good switchbacks up 040 so if you aren't good with switchbacks, you'll learn :D. (I suck at switchbacks :p) With a good sized group and newer riders I could see it taking 2-3 hours.

Caleb

Looks like 040 and 173 are closed. So we'll re-vamp the route. I think meet at the Summit parking lot (up the Alpine Loop side) at 9:30.

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
173 between 157 and 041 downhill is one of my favorite trails up there! down the switches, drops, logs, etc, Lots of fun!
we could start at tibble fork, go up 041-157-038-037-157-181-039 and down the main road back to tibble fork lot. it's a pretty good ride, as long as we go DOWN 038 and not UP I think most people could do it. 039 is pretty rough coming up, but this would be down also..

rholbrook

Man, I want to go but a late trip to Spokane leaves me hung out up there until late Saturday morning. I can't get a flight out Friday night. I really want to ride that area since I have never ridden up there.

Caleb

173 between 157 and 041 downhill is one of my favorite trails up there! down the switches, drops, logs, etc, Lots of fun!
we could start at tibble fork, go up 041-157-038-037-157-181-039 and down the main road back to tibble fork lot. it's a pretty good ride, as long as we go DOWN 038 and not UP I think most people could do it. 039 is pretty rough coming up, but this would be down also..
041 and 040 are closed so there's no reason to go up to Tibble. 173 is closed too. We may have to get creative with our loop, and I think we'll be back tracking a little, but it'll be a good time. :D

Greg

I run a tight ship... wreck
Admin
You guys suck, I just walked in the door from a weekend Utah trip and now I'm thinking about coming up next weekend, to ride AF Canyon. -_- No riding during this recent trip. :-\

sixstringsteve

sounds like it's time to trek out to northern Utah this weekend Greg. I'm sure you've got plenty of people to stay with, but I've got two spare bedrooms if you want to come up Friday night. I live 5 miles from the mouth of the canyon.