The RME street moto gang

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
Do you have heated grips?

No. And the NCX is a whole different world than the goldwings I am used to.
No wind blockage, No heat form the engine for warmth, no heated grips, not wind break, wind noise in my helmet was greater that I am used to, No secondary foot rests.. etc. It wasn't better or worse, just different.

Brad J

@Brad J that's quite the first bike!

I spy with my little eye a Machine Chinese enduro (maybe a 200cc?)
Man you are good. It was a 2005 Qujo Kinroad 200 Enduro that I got from a friend 4 years ago for $300. It sat for about 4 -5 years before that and had a bad carb and some other issues. I replaced the included Carb and then spark was hit and miss till I replaced the CVI ($10) and that seemed to help. I still didn't trust it and sold it on KSL in a day for $500
IMG_7718.JPG
Sweet! I picked mine up last month (replaced a VTX1800T that I logged 86k miles on). This BMW is stupid easy to check valves on! I've gotten about 800mi added to it (47k) and it has been a blast.
I got my BMW almost a year ago but it took a couple months to get an abandoned title for it. It had no brakes (ABS) and I finally got them working great in May when I got my Motorcycle endorsement. I am a little nervous to work on Bikes since they are different. I'm still nervous to ride with the crazy drivers that are out there as well.

jeeper

After that last ride, I realized I needed new foot pegs. But also that I am a cheapskate. I had a pair of take off dirtbike pegs, and with a little cutting and such, the work great.
198426C7-7DAD-4D08-A7FF-8E5169E9B8DC.jpeg
AAC7B49C-D645-4FC5-9CEB-14ED52CBBCD3.jpeg

They Are a tiny bit longer, but a whole lot wider. A much better platform.

jeeper

I was just over at @ricsrx checking out his cafe bike... and it reminded me that I need to ride more... I propose the following:

Take an early day on a week day, Meet in Saratoga Springs about 4:00.
Loop around 5 mile to Vernon, and back to Eureka.
Eat dinner at 'B's Hangout' in Eureka
Head back to Saratoga.

Maps says it is about 126 miles. I would assume about 3 hours or so including dinner.

1616115831281.png

Maybe an April Fools ride??

jeeper

Have bike, Will travel, but 4/1 is middle of jeep safari. The next week is some dudes birthday bash.
Bad timing on my part.
I was trying to make it happen sooner rather than later.. and all my weekends are full for a while.

Maybe we will have to do a mid/late April ride?
Anyone else have an opinion?

boogie_4wheel

Weekend afternoons (either day), or weekdays after 4 (assuming I don't have kid duty depending on my wife's schedule). I could get off a little earlier, but not make a habit of it.

I'm in SLC and could get to most meeting places by 430 on the weekdays.

jeeper

I was just over at @ricsrx checking out his cafe bike... and it reminded me that I need to ride more... I propose the following:

Take an early day on a week day, Meet in Saratoga Springs about 4:00.
Loop around 5 mile to Vernon, and back to Eureka.
Eat dinner at 'B's Hangout' in Eureka
Head back to Saratoga.

Maps says it is about 126 miles. I would assume about 3 hours or so including dinner.

View attachment 135810

Maybe an April Fools ride??

Ok, this is happening a week from today.

Thursday 29th. 4:00. Roll out by 4:15. Meet at the Chevron at the crossroads in Saratoga.

jeeper

I've got 3 non-RME folks coming along.

I think we will throw in a small detour up HWY 199 and back as well. That is a fun curvy road to ride. Adds about 28 miles for the good stuff.

Last edited: