The upcoming moto ride/quick report.

rholbrook

Here are a few shots. Sand was perfect, weather perfect, everything ran perfect, no injuries and Harrison (middle) blasted up the actual face of Sand Mountain several times which he was never able to do on his CRF150RB. He thought that was fun. These are three of his riding buddies, all of them pretty good riders. The one on the left should race. He is really really fast. We call him Skid Mark because he is on your ass all the time.
imagejpeg_2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
imagejpeg_0.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
I rode up in Eden on Saturday. Rode almost all the way to Mantua. Really fun trails out there. Found a beaver dam. Found some black ice on top of wet cold hard clay: Hurt myself a bit, we'll see what the ortho has to say at 1pm.

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
We started by the shooting range in Eden. There actually is some pretty fun single track out there. It's pretty awesome. I'd like to get back up there again before it snows.

I have done Ben Lomond Peak though, from both North Ogden Pass and 12 street dam and Mantua.

I broke my thumb. Not terribly bad. They took the big orthofiber splint off and just gave me a small aluminum thumb splint. 3-6 weeks before I can ride.
(you can see the "y" shaped hairline fracture near the first knuckle).

Luckily I'm already planning on working the Johnny Rock race this weekend and if my followup is good, I might be ok to race Monticello in 3.5 weeks: which is one of my favorite races.

rholbrook

I think Harrison and I may be heading out Friday since school is out. Still keeping an eye on the weather. We were wanting to go to AF and ride but we dont want to tear up the trails if they are wet. Based on that, we may head south east to either Chimney Rock area, Devils Race Track or the Colored Trails (San Rafael) or White Sands Dubinski area and ride the Tubes.

Anyone want to join us? Harrison is dying to try out his new Rekluse. I still have to install it but I will get it done tonight.

rholbrook

We are heading to White Sands Saturday morning for sure this time. Last Saturday I forgot I told my wife I would take her to the Utah game. Anyone can join. I think I may even have a spot or two in my Truck.

Jared

Formerly DeadEye J
White Sands at Little Sahara? Dang, I might have to join you on the quads. I have not been out in FOREVER!!

I'm getting a crew cab like yours (but no Ecoboost) with free gas tomorrow. If I can swing it, want to carpool?

Jared

Jared

Formerly DeadEye J
The bike hasn't been licensed for two years, and being street legal, still needs to have the headlight reworked to pass inspection. Not gonna happen before Saturday, unfortunately. The ATV's have been a bit gentler to my bad knee than the DRZ was, so they've been my go to for outdoor fun lately. But, I'd love to get out and stretch my legs atop the dirt bike on some less fast stuff. I've been out of the game for too long!

rholbrook

The bike hasn't been licensed for two years, and being street legal, still needs to have the headlight reworked to pass inspection. Not gonna happen before Saturday, unfortunately. The ATV's have been a bit gentler to my bad knee than the DRZ was, so they've been my go to for outdoor fun lately. But, I'd love to get out and stretch my legs atop the dirt bike on some less fast stuff. I've been out of the game for too long!
You sound like an old man.

Jared

Formerly DeadEye J
Don't you know it! I've never felt so old and broken in my life. Just trying to survive until my insurance plan year begins again in January when I can get my knee fixed. Pretty much the only exercise it can tolerate for the past couple years is some brief swimming. Even a walk around the block is too much it some days. I'm hoping once it's doing better I can get more active and start getting over all the headaches and backaches a sedentary life brings on. I'm going stir crazy wanting to get out and live again.

rholbrook

Weather was perfect, Sandy areas were damp, could not have been any better conditions. There were a lot of people riding the Enduro Loop and the Tubes loop. We ended up logging 77 miles. Out last loop brought us back at 6 pm in the dark. I didn't put my headlight on so that wasn't fun

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
Weather was perfect, Sandy areas were damp, could not have been any better conditions. There were a lot of people riding the Enduro Loop and the Tubes loop. We ended up logging 77 miles. Out last loop brought us back at 6 pm in the dark. I didn't put my headlight on so that wasn't fun

What time did you start riding?
I am working on a trip plan that will include dead cow/tubes and then the enduro loop. Hoping to get it all done in a day.
Is dead cow well marked with signage? How well prepared with GPS points and maps do I need to be? I read that the enduro loop is well marked.