The upcoming moto ride/quick report.

jentzschman

I'm planning to join you guys this weekend as well. May have a few guys with me.

Sweet. I just got a few new items for the bike: Skid plate :), grip donuts, new brakes; front and rear, some padded riding shorts (hopefully to help keep my tucas from getting so sore), some new straps (the soft loop kind with the carabiner on the end), and a few other odds and ends.

Caleb

Sweet. I just got a few new items for the bike: Skid plate :), grip donuts, new brakes; front and rear, some padded riding shorts (hopefully to help keep my tucas from getting so sore), some new straps (the soft loop kind with the carabiner on the end), and a few other odds and ends.

Nice, I wear padded shorts on every ride. I doubt it actually helps as I'm usually still quite sore after a long ride, but in my head it does :D

jentzschman

Padded shorts and a mod to my seat has made rides bare-able for me. Without them, I am sore for weeks, with them, sore for a day.

I need to do something to my seat to soften it up a little. I found a guide and might give it a try unless I come across a better way. Now if I can just remember where I found the guide. I thought I had bookmarked it... :rolleyes:

rholbrook

sixstringsteve

Who's coming on our ride tomorrow?

Coming:

- sixstringsteve
- jentzschman
- Caleb + friends
- 193 Kyle
- MattL
- Tonkaman

On the fence:

- rholbrook
- chestonscout
- cascadia

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 12904

I can't make it tomorrow my boys have tee ball and soccer games. I am going out Sunday to try to ride the single track you guys are talking about I'm hoping to just be able to find it but if anyone has a GPS and get a way point for the trail start that would be super helpful.

Also if anyone wants to ride it two days in a row or can't make it saturday but wants to meet up with us sunday we're planning on 10 a.m.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

sixstringsteve

we had an awesome ride today. Matt, how far did we end up riding? I can't wait to get out there again, that loop was a blast.

Greg

I run a tight ship... wreck
Admin
I rode out at Rabbit Valley again today, ended up riding the Western Rim to warm up with, then made my way over to the Zion Curtain. Lots of steep hills, rocks, ledges and way too many deep whoops. Ended up with about 40 miles in 2 hours! It was pretty brutal, even though I was solo, I was pushing myself to ride fast... the bike will do it, now I need to! I ended up running off-trail a bit and nearly impaled my arm on a big cedar tree branch... ripped the crap out of my pressure suit! :( My arm is bruised and sore.

Video of the ride to come, probably tomorrow.