The upcoming moto ride/quick report.

Tonkaman

I rode out at Rabbit Valley again today, ended up riding the Western Rim to warm up with, then made my way over to the Zion Curtain. Lots of steep hills, rocks, ledges and way too many deep whoops. Ended up with about 40 miles in 2 hours! It was pretty brutal, even though I was solo, I was pushing myself to ride fast... the bike will do it, now I need to! I ended up running off-trail a bit and nearly impaled my arm on a big cedar tree branch... ripped the crap out of my pressure suit! :( My arm is bruised and sore.

Video of the ride to come, probably tomorrow.

Thank god for that pressure suit. Sounds like a bad place to find a stick in your arm.

Greg

I run a tight ship... wreck
Admin
Thank god for that pressure suit. Sounds like a bad place to find a stick in your arm.

Sadly the branch missed all the plastic protective covers! Hit me inside the bicep, right on the spandex material. Luckily I had my riding jersey under the pressure suit, plus a Under Armour shirt... so 3 layers of fabric helped save me from a worse injury.

Greg

Admin
I rode out at Rabbit Valley again today, ended up riding the Western Rim to warm up with, then made my way over to the Zion Curtain. Lots of steep hills, rocks, ledges and way too many deep whoops. Ended up with about 40 miles in 2 hours! It was pretty brutal, even though I was solo, I was pushing myself to ride fast... the bike will do it, now I need to! I ended up running off-trail a bit and nearly impaled my arm on a big cedar tree branch... ripped the crap out of my pressure suit! :( My arm is bruised and sore.

Video of the ride to come, probably tomorrow.

Just a taste of yesterdays ride, this section is probably about 1/3 of what I rode... the other stuff, you've all seen before. ;)

[video=youtube;JmoZEEnci5M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmoZEEnci5M[/video]

jentzschman

Sweet vid Greg. I would love to get a KTM 300. That will be my next bike I think, as long as I can afford one. Guess its time to start saving now! ;) What brand pipe guard do you have? How do you like it?

D

Deleted member 12904

So my ride at five mile ended short today. The day started off good. I picked up my friend and as we where unloading a guy from Oregon pulled up and asked if he could tag along. We said sure and we set off about 13 miles in we where on one of the old 4x4 trails I had mapped out and their was some technical hill climbs with some good steps and lots of loose rock. their was I bypass but my dumb ass had to keep trying to make it. On my third attempt I crashed a little harder and the bent my bars really bad, broke my gps mount and cracked my clutch case when my brake lever hit a rock on one of tumbles back down the hill it had. Made it back to the truck fine but it was weird riding with bars so bent. All in all 25 miles on a bike is better then none so still a good day.

sixstringsteve

glad to hear you're not hurt. I have some spare bars I'd sell for cheap. I also have some renthal fat bars (KTM bend) I'd also sell if you're interested.

D

Deleted member 12904

glad to hear you're not hurt. I have some spare bars I'd sell for cheap. I also have some renthal fat bars (KTM bend) I'd also sell if you're interested.

Thanks i need to stay 7/8 for my stabilizer and i like kx high bend if thats what you happen to have im sold. Other wise rmatv here i come.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Greg

Admin
man, that looks like an incredible place to ride.

I'm telling you, plan a trip! There are several trails out at Rabbit Valley, you could spend 2 full days riding them. Plus the North Fruita desert and 21 Road... 2 days of riding right here!

Yes it does. Great vid- makes me want a 3 stroke :)

Thanks Andrew... yes, you want a 3 stroke. :p

Sweet vid Greg. I would love to get a KTM 300. That will be my next bike I think, as long as I can afford one. Guess its time to start saving now! ;) What brand pipe guard do you have? How do you like it?

The pipe guard is a Hyde Racing skidplate/pipe guard. They're quite ugly, but do the job well. I do like it, but this was the first ride with it. I dropped the bike yesterday on the pipe side and wasn't as worried about the vulnerable pipe.

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
Russ, his kid, nephew, and a couple other of his friends and I went and rode up by the B saturday morning. Good time! We ran into snow pretty quick so just made some laps around the bottom.

I was cruising up one of the trails with a deep ditch in the bottom. I was kinda goofin off and just going side to side. I went up to high on the right side and caught my foot on a root that was sticking out. It twisted my ankle around and threw me off the bike. Hurt pretty good at first. I had to take the boot off to see if it was broke. No break. Rode the rest of the day with not much pain. But today both sides of the ankle are swollen pretty good and have some bruising. Limping pretty good.

Dangit!

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
It will get better soon Im sure. Im just glad I was wearing boots or Im sure it would be broken.

This bike and the trials tire just give me a lot more confidence! :p

Greg

Admin
It will get better soon Im sure. Im just glad I was wearing boots or Im sure it would be broken.

This bike and the trials tire just give me a lot more confidence! :p

Yep, riding boots are a life saver! Glad you had them on!

Good to hear the bike has you feeling confident, just be careful! :p

Caleb

Thanks i need to stay 7/8 for my stabilizer and i like kx high bend if thats what you happen to have im sold. Other wise rmatv here i come.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I've got a stock KTM bar that's almost the exact same bend as the KX High Bend. Free if you want it...however it is a Fat bar (1.125")

D

Deleted member 12904

I've got a stock KTM bar that's almost the exact same bend as the KX High Bend. Free if you want it...however it is a Fat bar (1.125")
I really appreciate the offer and I even have a set of big bar adapters but I have really enjoyed having the steering stabilizer and the cost of new bars isn't that bad so I'm just going to do it.

On a happy note my rmatv Frequent buyer rewards will be looking good this year Im already at $703 for the year.

Last edited by a moderator:

GAR

Anyone riding this Friday or Saturday? I'm thinking Saturday morning, home by 3:00-ish, maybe cherry creek, west of utah lake or 5mp.