The upcoming moto ride/quick report.

Tonkaman

It was great to get out even for such a short time. No clear sign on what caused the flat just a teeny hole in the tube. Since it was the second flat in 2 weeks I'm going to look into a bib for the rear.

Anyone running a bib in the rear tire? I have one in front, and its been great. Give me some feedback on why it shy not to do it.

I am also debating a trials tire. My last tire only lasted 8 days of riding, 4 of those were on slick rock. I have several trips planned for Moab this year but will also be riding lots of AFC when it opens. What places will make me regret the switch? Should I do it?

Caleb

From what I've heard, I don't think you would regret a trials tires in any of those places. Glad to see I'm not the only one riding recreationally that burns up tires :D I'd get maybe 8 rides on my 450 before my tires were toast. I'm sure my 500 will be the same way, if not worse. Rarely do guys use the bibs on the rears, not sure why not though. Most go to the ultra heavy duty tubes. I put slime in mine to help situations like yours. If you tire gets worn, it could cause it to have less support and cause flats more often. Also, are you positive your spokes are all tight?

jentzschman

I know Steve loves his trials tire. Kyle has one on his KTM as well and he has been pleased with it as well. I have been looking to get a 18" rear rim and run a trials as well. There is a 19" trials tire I might try, but I hear the 18" one offers better sidewall protection for running lower psi.

Tonkaman

Ill have To triple check them but just last Sunday I had them all tightened up and "sounding equal".

Any input about a tubeless trials tire?

Tonkaman

I know Steve loves his trials tire. Kyle has one on his KTM as well and he has been pleased with it as well. I have been looking to get a 18" rear rim and run a trials as well. There is a 19" trials tire I might try, but I hear the 18" one offers better sidewall protection for running lower psi.

Hmm I hadn't thought about handling differences with different sizes. I guess that's why they are so hard to find in 19" wheels.

What size are you running Cheston?

jentzschman

I am trying to get this Saturday off (April 27th) to go riding, who's down?
If I can not get Sat off, I have Thursday off. I know midweek days are bad for a lot, but such are the joys of working retail.

sixstringsteve

Not really, but I'm going to be camping out there the night before, so I'm taking my dirt bike. There are fire roads to explore, but no singletrack.

Greg

I run a tight ship... wreck
Admin
I'd like to get out this weekend, either White Wash and ride the Dead Cow Tubes or Moab and ride the Sovereign Trail, perhaps Kane Creek... I could make 2 days our of it, either Fri-Sat or Sat-Sun. Anyone game? I just wanna ride.... :D

sixstringsteve

I'm interested in riding, but I can't handle 2 days in a row yet. :D

I'm thinking the west utah lake singletrack (a bit out of the way for you, sorry).