The upcoming moto ride/quick report.

Caleb

Hobble creek is some of my favorite riding, if not THE favorite. Can't wait. I'm taking my bike to edge today to get fixed finally.

I still like AFC more than Hobble Creek, but Hobble is a very close second. Let us know what they find out with your bike, I'm curious as well.

jentzschman

Well, can't get Saturday off :mad: so tomorrow is the only day I can ride. If you want to ride somewhat let me know. I'm probably going to ride the south side of 5mp. Not sure what time I will leave yet.

801- six seven four - four seven seven four.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2

jentzschman

Anyone been up Hobble Creek lately? Thinking about that tomorrow possibly. Any thoughts? Going up Spanish Fork Canyon looking back it doesnt look like much up there.

I'll be down to go with you if you decide on going. Always nice to check out new areas.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2

Cascadia

Undecided
I still like AFC more than Hobble Creek, but Hobble is a very close second. Let us know what they find out with your bike, I'm curious as well.
Dropped the bike off, hit the button to show him how it wouldn't run and guess what, it ran. Idled great. But luckily, as soon as he hit the throttle at all it died and wouldn't restart. All he said was, well its obviously not getting gas, we'll get her running for you. Sounds like it'll be at least a week then I can ride. I'm excited!

sixstringsteve

Caleb, are you riding this Sat morning?

I want to ride the Soldier Pass singletrack, but I don't have anyone to ride with. Let's get Davy's feet wet and take him out there. I don't mind riding fire roads all day if that's what he's comfortable with.

Jared

Formerly DeadEye J
I will be riding on Saturday and would love to have somebody show me around. I will go anywhere within two hours of Ogden (or even the Jericho dunes), so post up your plans and I'll happily invite myself!

Jared
Post, call, or text 801- eight nine six - 3044

I want to ride the Soldier Pass singletrack, but I don't have anyone to ride with. Let's get Davy's feet wet and take him out there. I don't mind riding fire roads all day if that's what he's comfortable with.

Pick me! Where is Soldier Pass, and when and where do you want to meet up?

sixstringsteve

Here is the parking lot for Soldier Pass:

[map]https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Unknown+road&daddr=Unknown+road&hl=en&sll=40.176775,-111.946907&sspn=0.026888,0.038581&geocode=FZYfZQIdq71T-Q%3BFRUgZQIdQL5T-Q&t=h&mra=dme&mrsp=0&sz=15&z=15[/map]

I say meet at 9 AM. Does that work for everyone?

DeadEye J, let's plan on it. I'll show you the loop out there. I consider it desert singletrack without any crazy whoops. A few good climbs (all have bypasses) and a lot of variety.

Last edited:

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
I went out to Soldiers pass yesterday solo. It was my first time out there. Good single track!

I made it pretty much to the other side of the mountain range and just looked at all the intense climbs that are out there. I went North a bit and saw some single track heading up the hill so I went up. It hasnt been traveled much at all. First few climbs were fun. Then it started getting a little sketchy for me. The trail shot across the top of the mountain on a good sidehill. Just when I thought I better stop....there was NO way of turning around. So I kept going. Got to a spot where I could tell it was a fight. The hill was just giving away and there were some rocks to climb at the top of it. I had to walk the bike a bit up it but I made it and was proud of myself. Hopped back on, rode about 10 feet and I dont know what happened, just lost my balance and over the side I went. Did a nice combat roll and tried to kick the bike so it would stay up.....nope. Tumbled a couple times and landed right next to me.

EXACTLY what I didnt want to have happen by myself. But good news was no injuries at all. Not even really scratched. My shoulder gaurd has a good scrape on it but thats it.

There was no way I could get the bike back up to the trail. It was to steep and to loose. Long ways to the bottom of the canyon and no visible trails. I ended up dragging the bike on its side down a ways to where it wasnt so steep (still super steep tho). And just inched my way sidehill back to the trail below. It SUCKED. I was a little skaken for a bit and it was getting late so I got on a dirt road I thought would take me back but it didnt. I ended up way North at the top of the peaks where all the cell phone towers are. Took that road forever and it finally met up with the dirt road I parked on.

I dont think the part I fell on is part of the normal loop. I need to go back with someone who knows the area to show me where I failed.

It was a lot of fun but I think I better go to places Im familiar with if Im solo from now on.

jentzschman

If I could get it off I would have been riding with you... I still "might" be able to swing it, but doubt it. If I can, I will let you know asap.

Next week I will be able to go.

sixstringsteve

Yikes! Glad you're safe. I'd love to see the area you're talking about. Come ride with us tomorrow, we'll show you the full loop.

rholbrook

Jared, come by my house and we can go together. I need to be home around 2'ish so we need to put on some miles in the morning. I am meeting Caleb at 8:30 somewhere in Lehi.

Cheston, get your garden boxes built today and tonight so you can come.

Steve, excited to ride with you, can't wait to see the new bike.

Caleb, as always, great to ride with you.

I will pull the trailer if I need to pick anyone else up on the way.

rholbrook

Steve your more than welcome to bum a ride. Just remember I have to leave early. I can swing by the house too.

How far is it from the Crossroads to the parking lot of our ride?