The upcoming moto ride/quick report.

Caleb

I'm hoping to ride this weekend. I was thinking either the Soldiers Pass single track or maybe south of 5 mile. There's some fun riding out there, not as much single track but still fun area to explore. It may be too muddy still to get too far up any of the canyons over there though.

sixstringsteve

ah... I'm glad to finally have a name for it. I'd love to ride that loop twice. There are 2 or 3 hills there that I need to conquer some day.

Caleb

That one big climb that none of us made left some beauty marks on my bike...I'd like to get revenge on it some day :D

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
I rode up old ward canyon after work yesterday from the house.
Hit a bit of snow and dumped the bike once about here:
40.909816, -111.822748
Probably wouldn't have happened if I had a knobby, but I made it all the way to Buckland flats.
Skyline drive was snow free on the way down.

Short trip 1:20 from my front door and back.

Last edited:

rholbrook

Call me, Stratton. I would have met you. We could go see how far we could get on Tuttle Loop. Maybe not far but at least it's a ride. Could you get all the way up to the road using Buckland Ridge Trail? Two weeks ago you couldn't

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
the gate at Buckland flat was closed, there was no signage and Skyline was clear of snow so I didn't know if it was just closed to cars or bikes too.

We could likely go up Buckland ridge though. I'm rendering a real boring video in a minute.

My wife was working late and I was on her bike and rode from the house so it was really spur of the moment, but I'll call you next time.

Last edited:

Jared

Formerly DeadEye J
I will be riding on Saturday and would love to have somebody show me around. I will go anywhere within two hours of Ogden (or even the Jericho dunes), so post up your plans and I'll happily invite myself!

Jared
Post, call, or text 801- eight nine six - 3044

Jared

Formerly DeadEye J
Had a great little ride above Bountiful today! Thanks, Russ, for being spontaneous and heading up there with me. I sent him a text, and before long there were 5 of us heading up. The DRZ did great and the JB Weld is thankfully holding up on my radiator.

The ride home to Ogden was a COLD 45* with a 75 MPH wind chill! Also, my shift lever fell off somewhere around Centerville... It was an interesting ride through Riverdale Road and up 36th Street. It is HARD to do slightly uphill 5th gear starts!

Jared

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
That ride yesterday was fun. I really enjoyed that rocky section that was wet and snowy and muddy.
Russ, your boy is a trooper. That snow is hard to ride in.

It looks like it will be a little while before skyline dr is open...

Anytime anybody wants to run up to the B or the V just shoot me a pm, call or text. I only live 5 minutes away.

I've got scouts at 6 today so I'm out for a Wednesday ride.

rholbrook

Anyone been up Hobble Creek lately? Thinking about that tomorrow possibly. Any thoughts? Going up Spanish Fork Canyon looking back it doesnt look like much up there.

Caleb

Anyone been up Hobble Creek lately? Thinking about that tomorrow possibly. Any thoughts? Going up Spanish Fork Canyon looking back it doesnt look like much up there.

I'd be surprised if it wasn't quite muddy or even snow still. Hobble Creek is steep until you get on top, so you climb quite fast. Even in the middle of summer there's sections that stay pretty muddy.