The upcoming moto ride/quick report.

mesha

By endurance we conquer
It was a blast! Thanks for letting a noob slow the group down. I got a ton of tips and feel much more confident than I did at the beginning. I will definitely get back out with you guys.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
So I take it you guys got Stratton out. Sorry i had to bail early. I think it was more of a demo day. I rode 5 bikes and had a blast. It was good to meet all you guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rholbrook

10 things from yesterday's ride

1. Davy's (Mesha)new KTM450 is sweet. Very nice bike
2. For Davy's first ride he did awesome
3. Steve's (Sixstring Steve)hybrid KX220 is one heck of a bike. It's so much fun to ride
4. Caleb's KTM500 is absolutely beautiful. Definitely the best looking bike on the trail
5. Cheston likes to roll down rocky hills and get bruised up
6. Jared (Deadeye J)rides a DRZ400 like its a mini-bike
7. Chad(Glockman) makes a TTR250 climb like a 450. I would like to see him throw around his YZ450F
8. Chains break. That's the first time I have seen a motorcycle chain break. I think Stratton burned more gas than all of us. He loves to ride and its too bad his chain broke.
9. I need a new tire.
10. Everyone there was fun to ride with. I enjoyed it. Thank you

Tonkaman

I went to the dunes with the family today. The weather was perfect but the sand was soft.
I was attacking a little roller in the top of third gear but unfortunately my front tire sank into the hillside when I hit it. My bike instantly stopped, my legs got wedged under the handlebars, my torso folded into the forks, then the back tire lifted and I was squished under the bike. I took a spinning paddle tire to the chest and helmet, luckily no fingers or eyes got taken out! The paddle did manage to leave some nasty bruises and destroy my goggles.

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
photobucket-995-1367208955418_zps1b3b4211.jpg

I'm just intoxicated with the power and hit on my bike! Also my tire is also dead dead dead. Russ' rear tire too. I was all over the place on his bike and mine too ..Couldn't climb worth beans on the loose dirt/shale....I need to swap it bad.

I rode a bunch of bikes. I should have tried Davey's KTM. Jared's DRZ400k is fun. With a nice inverted fork it would be about a perfect trail/ street legal bike. It doesnt hit like mine but The geometry and wide ratio gearing worked really really well for me. The lower seat height is very confidence inspiring! I was impressed.

Steve's bike is fun too.

The TTR250 was by far the most fun trail bike I rode. Aside from the pogo stick front forks it rocks. This would the most ideal starter bike for the requirements Davey had.

photobucket-5749-1367208956614_zpse1a179e2.jpg

Me on the side of the road for forever....

Last edited:

sixstringsteve

Chad is one heck of a rider. His ttr250 sure impressed me, that thing was a beast. Very impressed. I'll be recommending that bike to more people looking for a trail only bike. The DrZ was nice too. Its not my ideal bike, bit very confidence inspiring and had great power.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
Thanks Steve. That was my first real trail ride on the tractor. It did better than I expected. I think my next upgrade will be a trials tire and maybe looking into real forks. The front end is spongy but doesn't absorb small stuff very well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rholbrook

Call Caleb

A broken dusty chain lying curled up on the grass looks like a little rattly snake. I never saw where you laid it down and in my peripheral vision I saw something curled up in the grass as I stepped next to it. Gave me a little jolt.

Last edited:

Caleb

Call Caleb

A broken dusty chain lying curled up on the grass looks like a little rattly snake. I never saw where you laid it down and in my peripheral vision I saw something curled up in the grass as I stepped next to it. Gave me a little jolt.

On our ride yesterday, we actually saw a good sized gopher snake.

Do I want an aluminum or steel rear sprocket?

the one I have is a renthal

I'd do either an all steel or a hybrid (aluminum with steel teeth). The aluminum ones will wear quickly. They are ideal for the MX riders that are buying the non-oring chains and replacing them often.

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
Thanks, Steel is cheaper too.
I've had my front sprocket for 2 moab trips and that ride saturday. should I replace it too?

I'm assuming I want an Oring chain.

I'm 13T 48T and want to stay with that.

I believe stock is 14 and 49

Is it better to piece them individually or do I want to get a package deal?

Last edited: