The upcoming moto ride/quick report.

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member

Tonkaman

The sprocket may be 4X as much but you have to think about how much the whole package cost to replace. It's probably wiser to get your wife hand guards, just consider it next time

Jared

Formerly DeadEye J
I did a cost vs performance sheet and I couldn't justify spending 4 or 5 times to get slightly more performance or less weight.
If money wasn't an issue the story would be different.
For the price it out performs (speed and gas mileage) my friend's 05 CRF450x and most unmodded wr450's, and I can't yet ride beyond the limits of the suspension.

Your bike was a real hoot to ride! It has great, ride-able power down low and really explodes up top. I wouldn't bother with the Rekluse... just because it's 50% the cost of the bike. Also, it's really only a big deal on VERY technical stuff that causes you to stall.

If you rarely find yourself winding out in top gear, go with the 13/50 sprockets. 4% lower than where you are now isn't that much. One tooth up front is double that. I dropped three teeth up front for this trip and the difference was very large, but that was a 20% reduction in gear ratio. I'll be going back up a tooth up front.

Jared

sixstringsteve

Steve, have you topped out your bike yet? How fast will it go?

Nope, not even close. I'm a scaredy cat. I haven't been out of 4th gear yet. I don't think it'd be a very good dunes bike though . Its better at the tight, twisty single track stuff. I think it'd be a killer moab bike.

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
Got some good laps in tonight on the PW track at granny's. I keep forgetting to throw the gopro onto the kids helmets, but I'll get some videos soon. We had to change the berms a bit to accommodate how the kids ARE riding instead of how I THINK they should be riding.

Tonkaman

Got some good laps in tonight on the PW track at granny's. I keep forgetting to throw the gopro onto the kids helmets, but I'll get some videos soon. We had to change the berms a bit to accommodate how the kids ARE riding instead of how I THINK they should be riding.

So cool Brian. There is nothing like Monday night track time at grandmas house

Caleb

Saturday the 4th, who's up for riding? I would like to ride soldiers pass, but up for anything.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2

I'd love to, but I spent last Saturday and Sunday riding so I'm due to spend some time in the yard and with the family this weekend. I've also got to do some major preventive maintenance on my bike this weekend (clutch fluid, brake fluid, engine/tranny oil, chain, sprockets, filters, new clutch, etc).

Cascadia

Undecided
I'd love to, but I spent last Saturday and Sunday riding so I'm due to spend some time in the yard and with the family this weekend. I've also got to do some major preventive maintenance on my bike this weekend (clutch fluid, brake fluid, engine/tranny oil, chain, sprockets, filters, new clutch, etc).
You already have to do that much maintenance on your bike? How many hours does it have? Is that normal?

Caleb

You already have to do that much maintenance on your bike? How many hours does it have? Is that normal?

I always do everything right up front so I know the exact history of everything. Otherwise it's a guessing game on the history and I don't trust anyone else on what they claim to have done.

Cascadia

Undecided
I always do everything right up front so I know the exact history of everything. Otherwise it's a guessing game on the history and I don't trust anyone else on what they claim to have done.
For some reason I was thinking your 500 was a '13, therefore being brand new and not needing all the things listed. My bad.

Caleb

For some reason I was thinking your 500 was a '13, therefore being brand new and not needing all the things listed. My bad.

Well, it is a '12 with not many miles on it. It still has its original tires, etc. I probably don't have to do any of it but like I said before, the piece of mind is worth way more than the couple hundred it costs to do everything.