The upcoming moto ride/quick report.

Cascadia

Undecided
I am in for Hobblecreek depending on if I have a new bike by then or not. Someone is coming to buy my Ktm later today. The edge got it fixed but I don't feel like dealing with this one anymore.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
This is at the top of the first hill looking down into Wan Roads in Diamond fork. We did hit a little bit of snow on one north facing slope on our way over to Diamond but it should be clear by now. My dad said it had dropped over a foot since Monday. I may be in if I can get off work.

April phone pics 063.jpg

Cascadia

Undecided
I still want to stay orange. The good times i had on my other 3 ktm's still out weigh the Negatives of this last bike by far. I've got 6k to spend on a bike but don't have to. So my money rules out new bikes. I want 08 or newer. I like 4 stroke for distance and not having to mix gas. I will also make the bike street legal again like my 08 xcfw. Will going to a 450 or 530 kill me energy wise on a trail? I've always had 250's.

Last edited:

mesha

By endurance we conquer
I still want to stay orange. The good times i had on my other 3 ktm's still out weigh the Negatives of this last bike by far. I've got 6k to spend on a bike but don't have to. So my money rules out new bikes. I want 08 or newer. I like 4 stroke for distance and not having to mix gas. I will also make the bike street legal again like my 08 xcfw. Will going to a 450 or 530 kill me energy wise on a trail? I've always had 250's.

Well it isn't a 2008 or newer, but you are welcome to try out my orange 450 exc. It might give you an idea of the weight.

Greg

I run a tight ship... wreck
Admin
Von rides a 250 XCFW (4T) and its a very impressive bike. Light and very flickable, lots of power on the top end and seems to be easy to ride. His is a '10. If you're a newer rider or tackling technical trails more often than not, I'd stick with a 250. If you're riding a lot of wide-open desert stuff, then consider stepping up to a 450. My 2 cents... ;)

Cascadia

Undecided
Von rides a 250 XCFW (4T) and its a very impressive bike. Light and very flickable, lots of power on the top end and seems to be easy to ride. His is a '10. If you're a newer rider or tackling technical trails more often than not, I'd stick with a 250. If you're riding a lot of wide-open desert stuff, then consider stepping up to a 450. My 2 cents... ;)
I don't do a lot of wide open high speed stuff. I mostly ride AF, Hobble, across the lake, some in StG. Is like to do some longer faster trails but can't find the time to get away for longer rides.

I had an 08 xcfw with a rekluse and street legal, and it was my favorite bike by far. I know where it lives. The guy bought it for friends to ride with him but I always see it in his garage. Maybe ill leave a note to buy it back.

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
Thanks to Russ....

I took the wife out last friday for her first dirtbike ride. We went up by the B. I had her ride around the parking lot for awhile practicing shifting and braking. Once she was comfortable we went up the dirt road and then came down Old Ward canyon road. She did awesome! Few more rides she will be better than me! Might have to start looking for a bike for her now.

Thank You Russ for setting this up for us and letting us borrow the bike!

Last edited: