This guy should be fired!

offroaddave

It's just one term!
Yea he's a piece of sh!t. And a liar.
Did he break UHP policy? That's the only way I'd fire him.
I love the UHP, but I have'nt been pulled over by that asshole yet.

Magerdgr

Have gun, will travel
Please don't get me wrong, I am a big supporter of UHP, and all law enforcement, but I don't think that this guy handled the situation well at all, nor do I think that he was justified in using a tazer on that guy. Neither his life, or anybody else's life was in jeopardy there, and the guy wasn't "running" from him at all. He also failed to give him his miranda rights.

reddevil

'93 Cherokee
It's like the lady in Orem that wasn't watering her lawn and wouldn't give the cop her name. When she tryed to go inside he took her down. It could have been handled better by both involved. Same here. I bet the officer could have handled it different, but all the guy had to do was sign the ticket and fight it in court, not the side of the road.
Plus I think this cop just hates white people, racist jerk. How long must we live in fear!

Medsker

2024 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 392
I have no problem with what he did. The guy wasn't obeying the officer and started heading back to his vehicle. The officer had no idea what the guy had in his vehicle. The guy could have been going for a gun. If a guy is stupid enough to not do what an officer of the law is telling him to do and starts walking off I think the officer needs to subdue him. The guy was being belligerent the entire time, the officer was alone and needed to get the guy under his control. He had already asked the guy to turn around and put his hands on the car so he was clearly either under arrest or needing to be restrained. What did you guys think the cop should have done...let the guy get back in his car and get a high speed chase going or maybe tackle the guy and risk getting hurt or the guy pulling the officers own gun on him?

Anyway my two cents.

Medsker

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
He had already asked the guy to turn around and put his hands on the car so he was clearly either under arrest or needing to be restrained.

He never officially told him that he was under arrest before tasering him. He didn't start to back away until the officer pull the tazer out on him, which probably looked like a gun to the other person. I would have though that officer was out of his ****'n mind.

That officer is a power tripping ass-hole and I hope he gets what he deserves. There is a process to this and people have rights for a reason. Just my $.02.

Meat_

Banned
Was the cop a little loose with the taser? yeah, was other guy a f'n moron? You bet. Cops are humans and as such already a bit nervous when they pull someone over, so it's generally a good idea to comply without question for the first 20 to 30 seconds to put them at ease. Instead this guy ignores the request for license and reg, comes up with stupid ideas trying to get out of a ticket, refuses to sign something that just says he'll appear in court, ignores the cops directions, starts to wander off and puts his hands in his pockets :wtf: all the while acting completely irrational. And then after he is cuffed and under arrest he gets up and starts wandering around? :wtf:

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
I don't think cops have to TELL you you're under arrest. I can't quote code on that though.

Where are our resident pi.. policemen? :D

I think the cop did the right thing, btw. There can't possibly still be people out there that think you can just ignore cops when they tell you do something.

Medsker

2024 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 392
He never officially told him that he was under arrest before tasering him. He didn't start to back away until the officer pull the tazer out on him, which probably looked like a gun to the other person. I would have though that officer was out of his ****'n mind.

That officer is a power tripping ass-hole and I hope he gets what he deserves. There is a process to this and people have rights for a reason. Just my $.02.

If I thought a cop was out of his mind and pulled a gun on me I would be doing exactly what he told me to do not being cocky jerk...but I guess that's just me.

Skylinerider

Wandering the desert
The cop was in no danger at all, and he knew it. There was no reason to tase him like that. I agree the guy was an idiot, but just being an idiot isn't reason to tase someone.

Meat_

Banned
The cop was in no danger at all, and he knew it.

How did he know? Was it the part where the guy was arguing with him? Or the part where the guy wasn't complying? Or the part where the guy reached into his unsearched pockets while going for cover (you would have seen that part as simply walking to the side of his vehicle)?

If the cop was out of control he would have tased the stupid woman who ran up behind him while he was trying to cuff the guy.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
If I thought a cop was out of his mind and pulled a gun on me I would be doing exactly what he told me to do not being cocky jerk...but I guess that's just me.

Just out of curiosity... would you let a cop search your vehicle if he asked? Even if you had nothing to hide?

I sure wouldn't. Just because you have a badge doesn't automatically always make you right or allow you to do whatever you wish.

Skylinerider

Wandering the desert
How did he know? Was it the part where the guy was arguing with him? Or the part where the guy wasn't complying? Or the part where the guy reached into his unsearched pockets while going for cover (you would have seen that part as simply walking to the side of his vehicle)?

If the cop was out of control he would have tased the stupid woman who ran up behind him while he was trying to cuff the guy.

So arguing with a cop means he is in danger? Putting your hands in your pocket means he is in danger? Cop NEVER told him he was under arrest before he tased him. He never took out his handcuffs to place him under arrest before he tased him. I'm fairly sure you can't tase someone else while the wires are still attached to the first person.

Meat_

Banned
Just out of curiosity... would you let a cop search your vehicle if he asked? Even if you had nothing to hide?

I sure wouldn't. Just because you have a badge doesn't automatically always make you right or allow you to do whatever you wish.
If you don't give them permission they can impound it, that is one of the things you agree to by operating your vehicle on public roads.
So arguing with a cop means he is in danger? Putting your hands in your pocket means he is in danger? Cop NEVER told him he was under arrest before he tased him. He never took out his handcuffs to place him under arrest before he tased him.
Why don't you go ahead and try everything he did the next time you get pulled over.
I'm fairly sure you can't tase someone else while the wires are still attached to the first person.
You're wrong. You can either take 1~2 seconds to detach the spent cartridge and put another cartridge on it, or you can simply detach the spent one and use the end of the gun.

bobdog

4x4 Addict!
If you don't give them permission they can impound it, that is one of the things you agree to by operating your vehicle on public roads.

I don't think so, probable cause still means something even with a vehichle. I never agreed to give up my forth amendment rights when I got a drivers licence and bought cars.

Last edited by a moderator: