This guy should be fired!

bobdog

4x4 Addict!
Like I said, you can tell them they can't search it. But they can impound it.
If it ever happens I will tell them no. If they take my property from me I will make it my mision in life to make sure things are made right in the end.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Kid had it coming... look at his hand why he walks past the officer, and again as he is walking back to his car. He was putting something back, but as he walks away he continues to fish for something. To me that says he's either looking to pull something out (weapon) and or he is trying to ditch something he had in his pocket (ie. a joint, needle, etc). The cop was a little tough... but fail to submit to the verbal commands an officer gives, and he has the right to take action. I'm betting he was well within his policy, while it could have obviously been handled a in a better way.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
OK, I watched more of the video... I'm now to the part where he gets up off the ground and again confronts the officer, reaching for something again in his pockets, back right this time... Of course he's already threatening a lawsuit...

bobdog

4x4 Addict!
Explaining calmly that signing the ticket was not admitting guilt but simply agreeing to show up for the guys day in court could have gone a long way. The officer comes across a jerk on the video. The speeder was an idiot and should have expected to end up in jail. How does a UHP dash cam vid show up on You Tube? Does the UHP routinely post vids of their arrests there?

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Finished the video... while it could have been handled... hindsite is always 20/20. I'll put $20 the officer is cleared of any wrong doing!

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Explaining calmly that signing the ticket was not admitting guilt but simply agreeing to show up for the guys day in court could have gone a long way. The officer comes across a jerk on the video. The speeder was an idiot and should have expected to end up in jail. How does a UHP dash cam vid show up on You Tube? Does the UHP routinely post vids of their arrests there?

Could have... I guess we will never know. Like I said it "could" have been handled better, no doubt, but the kid was out of line.

Good question on the youtube video? I wonder if anti-taser watchdog groups file a public-records request for them??

Well the cop said he was speeding. I wonder how long he was behind the cop before the cop pulled over so he could get behind him? I see things like this all the time going to work. The cop is in the left lane going much faster then the posted 75mph. I also wonder why he asked him to get out of the car? Just because you do not sign the ticket you can get arested?

strangeKowboy

Oops i did it again
I have no problem what the officer did coming for law enforcement background and doing it in southern Ca. The use of the tazer is awesome it stops the person in there tracks, i have been tazed and it hurts but not as bad as a gunshot. The civilian was not doing as he was told, he was walking and totally ignoring the police officers commands. You never know what the person has on them or what he plans to do. I have had friends shot, ran over, beaten all over some guy arguing over a speeding ticket. Its not worth it and if i would have been in his situation i would have done the same its not worth my life, they will listen to an officer next time