Silly Willy

You've come a long way in 6 short months. This has been an awesome build to fallow.

I defiantly look forward to seeing the finished product.

Any dates you are looking to have this finished around?

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
You've come a long way in 6 short months. This has been an awesome build to fallow.

I defiantly look forward to seeing the finished product.

Any dates you are looking to have this finished around?

Thanks! Taking a break from it for the holidays and I'll be back on it in January. Have some new ventures coming up so I'll have to squeeze whatever time I can in. I'd really love to have it done this late spring.

My first buggy I built over the winter of 2003-2004, took me 5 months start to finish. But I was working on it pretty much at least 4 hrs/day after work and at least 12hrs/day on the weekends. I didn't have much of a life back then.

That said, this build is taking a lot less hours so far... I've only been working weekends for the most part, so I am extremely happy and suprised with the progress at times. I attribute that to some better tools a slightly more knowledge about what I need and want. :D

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Some progress today. Mostly more small supports and spreaders here and there.

Seeing how much room I have for a carrier bearing. Looks like plenty.
IMG00247-20110115-2050.jpg

Started building up the removable engine overheads.
I think they look crappy but they will be under the hood and do the job.
IMG00248-20110115-2051.jpg IMG00245-20110115-2049.jpg
IMG00249-20110115-2052.jpg

Off the wheel dollies, doesn't look so ridiculously tall anymore. :)
IMG00250-20110115-2052.jpg

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Just prepare your mind....it's going to look huge to you again once you put springs on it. ;) You get used to looking at it at full bump, and any little bit of height seems wrong. :rofl:

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Worlds most complicated firewall. :rolleyes:
Going to be a lot of fun finishing the driver-side. But I have to wait till I get my gas pedal done before I mock it up anymore.
IMG00251-20110116-1515.jpg IMG00258-20110116-1827.jpg IMG00263-20110116-1829.jpg

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
Interesting. "Foot cones! It's the new style". :D

so you're going w/dual brake pedals? are they manual? I am too lazy to reread.

EDIT: and apparently I'm too lazy to scroll back. Never mind LOL

Last edited:

Bart

Are you building the throttle pedal? I have a nice new one from Lokar I'll sell for a good price if you're interested.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Thanks everybody!

Just prepare your mind....it's going to look huge to you again once you put springs on it. ;) You get used to looking at it at full bump, and any little bit of height seems wrong. :rofl:

I think I know what you mean. I love the height it's at right now but I also look at photos of my last chassis and it sat up higher at full bump AND had less belly clearance. Not sure how I pulled that off. :eek:

Are you building the throttle pedal? I have a nice new one from Lokar I'll sell for a good price if you're interested.

I was looking at pre-made pedals but I think I'm going to make mine just because of the awkward position that it will need to be in and a few other things that I have going on. Thanks for the offer though!

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Got my tie-rod (Thanks Carl!) It's 1.25" x (I think 0.380??) sleeved with 1.5" x .120 wall DOM. Ruffstuff 7/8 x 3/4 hiems on each end. :cool:

I'm re-using my 8x2 lion single ended tie-rod ram from the previous buggy. I've been plenty happy with it.

DSC08149.JPG DSC08150.JPG DSC08155.JPG

Full lock cleared just by 3/8"
DSC08158.JPG

Full lock driver
DSC08163.JPG

Had to grind down the upper link tower to clear the ram at full passenger lock.
DSC08160.JPG

Tucked in pretty good. I'll probably do a simple skid plate.
DSC08161.JPG

Ground down the outer sleeve to get the weld penetrated into the thicker stuff. Should do well.
DSC08164.JPG