Time for another dirt bike - which one to get for a short rider?

STAG

On my grind
I think we should build you a custom bike from the ground up :D I've been looking a lot lately at snowmobile chassis and titanium is the way to go :cool:

sixstringsteve

No. Steel, aluminum, and plastic. I'm trying to find a way to build something similar to them. I think the pitster pro is a good start. Despite being made in China, they are supposed to be quite good.

sixstringsteve

I'd love to be able to ride like this someday. I know I never will, but it amazes me how much control he has on a bike that goes fast.

[video=youtube;dcxkR5y68d4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcxkR5y68d4[/video]

And after riding trials for a bit, I don't think I want a rekluse. I like having a clutch.

Last edited:

Caleb

I'd love to be able to ride like this someday. I know I never will, but it amazes me how much control he has on a bike that goes fast.

[video=youtube;dcxkR5y68d4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcxkR5y68d4[/video]

And after riding trials for a bit, I don't think I want a rekluse. I like having a clutch.

That's the beauty of the EXP Rekluse, you still have full use of the clutch, but also get the benefits of the Rekluse. :)

Caleb

Can you still pop wheelies with clutch on an EXP Rekluse? What about pop-starting it?

Yes to wheelies, pop-starting it depends on the clutch. Hydro clutches like the KTMs, no, but cable clutches, you can adjust the rekluse out at the perch which allows you to pop-start it fine.

sixstringsteve

Awesome, that sounds like the best of both worlds. I think if I could lower your bike an inch or two it'd be ideal. Does your bike have an electric start?

sixstringsteve

Did your hybird bike fit all of your necessities for your size and riding style?

That was a sweet bike.

IMG_1398.JPG

It was a little tall. If I shaved the seat and jetted it, I think it'd be just right. That bike had the best handling and suspension of any bike I've ridden. Great smooth power too. I think jetting it would give more power on the bottom end.

ricsrx

we did jet it, and it does run great, i also lowered the rear by realeasing the rear spring pressure, I know it made the rear suspension very soft but for Hunter it work ok.

sixstringsteve

Did jetting it make a big difference in low end.power? I'll have to sneak by and ride it around the block to see if o need to build another one.