Today I Want This....

Coco

I have wondered if a person could take the sticker price of a CanAm or other high end sxs and invest it in parts for a Sami or a flatfender or other small platform and make a better rig. I bet you could. This is one way to do it, although I would have kept the original drivetrain or done some other swap. I've driven a RZR and those drivetrains SUCK.
The CVTs are the biggest downfall IMO. I hate all of them for that. There is rumors of some of the mfgs moving to actual transmissions, so hopefully that helps the noise due to the transmission designs.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
The CVTs are the biggest downfall IMO. I hate all of them for that. There is rumors of some of the mfgs moving to actual transmissions, so hopefully that helps the noise due to the transmission designs.
I wish they would all move to automotive motors and transaxles. A base model Toyota 3 cylinder would be a big step up in reliability and sound levels, not to mention performance.

1969honda

Supporting Member
I used to build those in college! 24hp honda v twin engines, Sauer Danfoss tandem pumps, 85-110cc hydraulic drive motors depending on customer choice. Topped out between 12-15mph and used 151x20 camoplast 1.5-1.75 ripsaw tracks. Cost was like $16-25k if I remember right depending on options like 2 or 4 man, enclosed soft top, plow, lights, windshield, etc.

Supposedly after the company was sold around 2009, the new owner made a diesel version with drive by wire controls. He was mounting oil and well drilling rigs on them.

Last edited:

RustEoldtrux

RustEoldtrux
I’ve tried to buy this Power Wagon for almost 25 years, but have gotten the big NO. I’ll try calling again to test the response. This is most likely one of the rarest vintage Power Wagons made. It has the rear PTO belt pulley, which was a rare option. It has 7.50 X 16 tires, which is an indication of 4.89 differential gears, which were produced in small numbers. It appears to have a factory supplied flatbed, which is extremely rare, I have never seen one before in all the years I’ve been in the Power Wagon community. It also has the front PTO winch, which was fairly common. The additional fuel tank may be a factory option, but I don’t know about that.

My daughter spotted this in the desert while working for an archaeological company, so it’s pretty well hidden.

Attachments

• IMG_2140.jpeg
    IMG_2140.jpeg
    658.1 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_2139.jpeg
    IMG_2139.jpeg
    539.1 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_2137.jpeg
    IMG_2137.jpeg
    684.8 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_2145.jpeg
    IMG_2145.jpeg
    540.4 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_2144.jpeg
    IMG_2144.jpeg
    521.8 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_2134.jpeg
    IMG_2134.jpeg
    501.9 KB · Views: 35

STAG

I’ve tried to buy this Power Wagon for almost 25 years, but have gotten the big NO. I’ll try calling again to test the response. This is most likely one of the rarest vintage Power Wagons made. It has the rear PTO belt pulley, which was a rare option. It has 7.50 X 16 tires, which is an indication of 4.89 differential gears, which were produced in small numbers. It appears to have a factory supplied flatbed, which is extremely rare, I have never seen one before in all the years I’ve been in the Power Wagon community. It also has the front PTO winch, which was fairly common. The additional fuel tank may be a factory option, but I don’t know about that.

My daughter spotted this in the desert while working for an archaeological company, so it’s pretty well hidden.
That is a RustEoldtruck

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.

What's happening off the front there, is that a hoist rig of some sort?

SLC97SR5

IDIesel
View attachment 175640View attachment 175641

What's the story on this car in South Davis County?
I'm not sure. The house sold 18ish months ago and the Super Bird? Showed up with the huge American flag. During July he had a red/white/blue lineup of C8's.
Seems like a good dude, usually saddled on the riding mower shirt and shoe less. The car moves around the yard but I've never seen it on the road.

Nice to have you roll through the 'hood.

The_Lobbster

It’ll sit until the owners pass away, and the millennial kids/grandkids scrap it because, “it’s a junky old truck”

Take a stack of hundies and a bottle of good whiskey and try to finagle it!