184.7 KB · Views: 43
  • March 12, 2011 216.jpg
    March 12, 2011 216.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 47
  • March 12, 2011 212.jpg
    March 12, 2011 212.jpg
    179.4 KB · Views: 39

sixstringsteve

Steve, I'd first like to say thank you for putting on this event. I was absolutely shocked on the turnout. I've done other club gatherings in the past, but were nothing like yours! This was my first offroading trip in the jeep, and I had alot of fun and stressed out at the same time. I definitelty still have a lot to learn and some stuff that I'll be purchasing soon. My neighbor had the stock TJ Rubicon that made the 2nd part and his first time on that trail. I was impressed with his rig and dissapointed with mine. So, I'll be changing that :D

I met a lot of guys, too many to remember names ;) However, I'd like to personally thank the older gentlemen with the full size truck that was behind me!! Sorry for not catching your name, but thanks for all the pointers and keeping an eye on me ;)

Chad

I'm glad you had fun. What was stressful about it? Did you do rattlesnake trail (part 2)? THe rubicons do so well because they have lockers and low transfer case gears. low gears do wonders.

Xploderkid97

I know someone had a gopro on their jeep. Where did those videos end up?

That was on my cousins jeep... he was doing time lapsed pictures but apparently not very good turn out due to lighting... ill try and get them from him... or better yet... get him signed up on RME and post his own!

any chance anybody got some picks of the green tj attempting waynes world around 12?

thanks for the great event btw!

BSalty

oops, sorry we left you up there. We actually ended up coming down a different route than we went up. Glad you found your way out of there.

No it was my own fault. I waited for some people coming up the tailings and then when I got over the edge I lost y'all.

Thanks for all the tips and help from the three or four guys that freely offered it, and the guy who helped me learn how to get out of that mud hole on the way up, that helped a TON later on in the run. Big thanks!

Next step, locker, big time. :greg:

We didn't get many pictures due to the dark. But here are two my friend snapped going up the tailings. And one at the top of the hill before you drop down to the base of the tailings.

snakes1.jpg

snakes3.jpg

snakes7.jpg

Last edited:

Xploderkid97

I dont recall anyone snapping pics, you gave it hell tho and made t further than other people trying, almost made it. I was one of guys trying to get your hitch off, grey coat tan carhearts.

thank you for the help! i thought i saw a flash or two but could have been me... Maybe next time actually airing down and some form of spring retention... find a new mod i need to do everytime i go!

As for the go pro pics... apparently they didnt turn out... bummer... so he deleted them...

Cascadia

Undecided
Looks like all my other pics didn't turn out so this is all I've got.

Attachments

• 31411 191.JPG
    31411 191.JPG
    61.9 KB · Views: 40
  • 31411 192.JPG
    31411 192.JPG
    62.2 KB · Views: 67

Cascadia

Undecided
he actually made it up the thing. He's also the only one that made it through radiator rapids. Here's one of my terrible pictures.

Attachments

• 31411 193.JPG
    31411 193.JPG
    38.8 KB · Views: 49

sixstringsteve

wow, my foot doesn't taste as good as I remembered. Way to go dude in the red jeep!

did he go right up the stairs, or did he straddle it on the right side?

Cascadia

Undecided
wow, my foot doesn't taste as good as I remembered. Way to go dude in the red jeep!

did he go right up the stairs, or did he straddle it on the right side?
He just went right up it....well it took a couple tries but he went up the hard part. He really knew how to work the skinny pedal and not care. He still had stock gears and stock axles too. Dana 30 and 35 and nothing broke. His name is Tim from Grantsville I think. He is the one that Chandlers buggy slid into a few weeks ago.

iamsparticus

Take your Rig to the Edge
the stairs the red jeep went up are my favorite, i always try and find the hardest spots on it to go up but i havent tryed it since i got my new front drive shaft in, old one would come out rigth at the worst moments on the obstacle