TRIP REPORT - Noob Run 3-12-11

Cascadia

Undecided
I saw it all, and I chickened out cause I had never wheeled with a manual before without super low gears. So I either need to get lower gears or an auto again.

jjamesyj

tim in the red jeep takes that thing over obsticals that i am still confused over....and he makes it...all the damn time....this is the jeep and driver that makes the guys with the "extreme" rigs mad. lol

SmokinCamel

Went from 80" to 125" :)
He just went right up it....well it took a couple tries but he went up the hard part. He really knew how to work the skinny pedal and not care. He still had stock gears and stock axles too. Dana 30 and 35 and nothing broke. His name is Tim from Grantsville I think. He is the one that Chandlers buggy slid into a few weeks ago.

I still very bad. I'd love to wheel with him again, well not in the snow.

THSDragoon

I have a new Trooper :D
I saw it all, and I chickened out cause I had never wheeled with a manual before without super low gears. So I either need to get lower gears or an auto again.
whats wrong with a manual???? thats ALL i drive. after i get married, thats ALL i will drive. if i get an auto tranny as a gift, i will sell it, and get a manual tranny. just expressing my love of manual tranny's.:D

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
whats wrong with a manual???? thats ALL i drive. after i get married, thats ALL i will drive. if i get an auto tranny as a gift, i will sell it, and get a manual tranny. just expressing my love of manual tranny's.:D

I used to feel the same way when I wheeled my TJ with a manual. Then I bought the TJ with the auto. I'll never go back.

sixstringsteve

autos sure make it smooth wheeling, and you break a lot less parts. I love 'em both, but it's hard to live without the engine-braking feature of a manual, especially in moab.

iamsparticus

Take your Rig to the Edge
I love my auto, Everyone that drives and wheels manuels always say they would never go auto then they fnally try one and they never go back, TJdukit's story is a common one. I have had two auto 4X4's and i love them more than any manuel because theyare so smooth and the torque converter allows you to be smooth and crawl even with out low gears, Just my 2 cents