Trying to decide on a bike

rholbrook

I dont know what the FX stands for but by the time you put blinkers, brake light switch, horn, wiring harness, switch for blinkers and horn, license bracket and then change the title to street, yes your are. Caleb can get you all the items and prices.

The reason I suggested the Park City WR was because it was cheap and if you decided you didnt like it, sell it for what you paid for it. I have an 06 and I want an 07 or newer but only because it would be easier to change it to yellow. I like the old school yellow. Buy my 06 and I will pick up a newer one and change the color. My 06 really runs well and I have it dialed in to my riding style.

Greg

I run a tight ship... wreck
Admin
It has some goodies, like the supermoto parts... but I'd agree with you, too much money for an '05. There was a clean '07 WR450 for sale on my local Craigslist for $3000, seemed like a good deal.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
I have an 07 WR450 I'm waviering on selling, first year of the newer frame, not very many hours. Pretty much all the armor on it you would want. and street legal, for the right price I would be willing to sell if you are interested

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Also forgot to mention, has a rekluse clutch that is pretty much brand new. and a desert tank.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
I'd tell that guy to take it then. $3500 on an 05 is way too much when you can pickup 07s for that or less. The supermoto parts are nice, but you can find a complete setup for $600-$900 pretty easily.

I sold my 08 WR450 this summer for $3500. I probably could have gotten 4k but was motivated to sell it to get my 300.

I think the selling price should be no more than 3k with the super moto wheels.

jentzschman

I sold my 08 WR450 this summer for $3500. I probably could have gotten 4k but was motivated to sell it to get my 300.

I think the selling price should be no more than 3k with the super moto wheels.

Agreed. I offered 3200 and he turned me down. Said he is 3450 in the bike and does not want to loose money.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
I agree with Greg. However, I think it is funny when someone says in an ad that a bike yas not been raced. Being someone that has raced extensively and now having my son race, I would not hesitate in buying a bike that has been raced. The maintenance on a bike that is being used competitively is usually head and shoulders above a bike that is just "ridden".

Greg

Admin
I agree with Greg. However, I think it is funny when someone says in an ad that a bike yas not been raced. Being someone that has raced extensively and now having my son race, I would not hesitate in buying a bike that has been raced. The maintenance on a bike that is being used competitively is usually head and shoulders above a bike that is just "ridden".

Completely agree, I'm on the other side of the fence with a bike that "just gets ridden" .... sometimes oil changes and air filter cleanings go too long. :D

Greg

Admin
You guy's make a great point. I've also found its best to let the bike tell you the story and not the owner :D

For sure, my current WR (as you saw when I first got it) was one that at first glance, any sane person would have walked away from. After firing it up and riding it around, you could tell it had potential to be a keeper.

jentzschman

Caleb

Ok, bringing this back from a semi-dead state:

Its hard, because I do not want to make the trip if I do not end up liking either bike, and I do not want to waste the owners time and money either.

How can I figure out if these bikes are worth it, in good order, and I am not getting screwed?

Found these two:

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218&ad=24332119&cat=&lpid=1&search=wr450&ad_cid=3

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218&ad=24308361&cat=&lpid=1&search=wr450&ad_cid=4

Go find someone (Russ, Cheston) that's nice (Russ, Cheston) that have the same WR450s (Russ, Cheston) that will let you take it for a spin around the block (Russ, Cheston). I'm pretty sure they're both up by each other too. Riding a 2007 or newer won't do a ton as they changed the frame in 2007. Russ has a 2006 and I'm not positive what year Cheston's is but I'm pretty sure it's a 2004. As far as determining if they're in good shape, I'd never trust a seller's word and I'd never trust a picture. So, take that for what it's worth.

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
Supporting Member
Caleb is right on that one. You're welcome to borrow my 426F as well if you wanted to make the drive. Street legal and ready to go :)