Volkswagen TDI talk

OCNORB

Supporting Member
Our old TDI was grey and I swore it was invisible to other drivers. We had way too many close calls in that thing.

I vowed I’d never buy another grey/silver car. It would be interesting to see if the insurance industry has any stats on car color vs accident rate.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
When was the fuel filter last changed? I'd start there.
🤷‍♂️

I think I did it not long after I bought the car which would have been somewhere around 50k miles ago. Lets just say I have not been as diligent at preventative maintenance on this car as I would one of my regular vehicles. I have treated it like a $3500 car.

1969honda

Supporting Member
Along with the fuel filter where have you bought your last couple tanks of diesel? I swear if I fill up at certain maverick stations my car will feel like it's surging about half way thru the tank and drops to the mid 30s.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Along with the fuel filter where have you bought your last couple tanks of diesel? I swear if I fill up at certain maverick stations my car will feel like it's surging about half way thru the tank and drops to the mid 30s.
Maverick gets diesel from silver eagle a lot. When I was still hauling fuel people labeled diesel there “mud” because that’s what it looked like. Chevron/Tesoro/Conoco looked like Mountain Dew, silver eagle looked like coke

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
Maverick gets diesel from silver eagle a lot. When I was still hauling fuel people labeled diesel there “mud” because that’s what it looked like. Chevron/Tesoro/Conoco looked like Mountain Dew, silver eagle looked like coke
Interesting. I would say I would say I fill this car up 90% of the time at Maverik. I may have to try a different station on the next tank.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Interesting. I would say I would say I fill this car up 90% of the time at Maverik. I may have to try a different station on the next tank.
A lot gets filtered at the fuel pumps, but I’d be changing that filter regularly on the car.

RockChucker

Anybody in her have an interest in a 2000 tdi? I think I am going to sell mine since I only drove it about 3000 miles last year
Possibly interested. What are the details on the car (mileage etc) and when is the next required timing belt or other “big” maintenance? How much were you thinking?

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Anybody in her have an interest in a 2000 tdi? I think I am going to sell mine since I only drove it about 3000 miles last year
Don’t recall is that ALH year? 5 speed? Also interested need a car smaller than my truck to park at the airport.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
It’s a 2000. Mechanically it is in good shape with it barely clicked over 300k. Body is going to be what I would call fair. No rust or significant dents but the paint shows it’s age. Interior is pretty clean with no tears. It is a manual. I need to look at the records from when I bought it but I think it has about 60k on the timing belt. I think the injectors and flow plugs might be about the same timeframe. Right now the blower motor for the heat/ac needs to be replaced. AC compressor and condenser were replaced about a year ago.

I am not sure what the fair market on TDIs is right now so I would entertain a fair offer.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
It’s a 2000. Mechanically it is in good shape with it barely clicked over 300k. Body is going to be what I would call fair. No rust or significant dents but the paint shows it’s age. Interior is pretty clean with no tears. It is a manual. I need to look at the records from when I bought it but I think it has about 60k on the timing belt. I think the injectors and flow plugs might be about the same timeframe. Right now the blower motor for the heat/ac needs to be replaced. AC compressor and condenser were replaced about a year ago.

I am not sure what the fair market on TDIs is right now so I would entertain a fair offer.

I’ll start with an offer of a case of mt dew Baja Fresh

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
Heat/ac might just be a plugged filter if you can hear it spinning. I need to do mine again but I don't want to tear apart the dash bad enough.
The fan motor needs to be replaced. It will spin for a short time with some light noise then stops. Not a hard or expensive repair, I just have not done anything with it since I have not been driving it.