wanted: your old aluminum beer bottles

sixstringsteve

I'm looking for some empty aluminum bottles to make an alcohol stove, and other things. I've made a few out of pop cans, but I'd like to try it with the larger, sturdier cans. If you have any of these lying around, let me know, I'd love to take 'em off your hands.

- bud light aluminum bottles (bottles, not cans)
- Monster Rehab aluminum cans
- other cans that are larger than a coke can and made of aluminum.

alumbottles.jpgBlvdWheat.jpgBudLt0210bottle.jpg

Whatcha got?

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
Back in the day, we liked to use the Heineken keg cans for stoves. They were bigger and seemed like made from thicker aluminum.

sixstringsteve

The sporting goods stores have better stoves, but these are fun to make and super light. Ill post up pics of the I've I built.

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Supporting Member
I can't believe no one has said this yet ....

If you buy it I'll drink the beer so you can have the bottle..:D

DOSS

Poker of the Hornets Nest
Wish I could help you but alas I have none.. I never liked any of the stoves I made with the thicker AL, took way to long to heat up for priming purposes, if you are making a non priming style like a cat can stove i think they would work good as it could be used as a stand as well...

FYI the $1 stainless waterbottles you find at walmart or the dollar store make good boiling vessels for 1 person

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Steve I'm not sure the concept of what your doing but if your looking for larger aluminum containers I have one of these empty and a second almost empty

IMG_0575.jpg

sixstringsteve

Love Newcastle!!!

I'd love a few of those for another project. Let me know when you're done with yours. Thanks.

Here's what I've already built:

[video=youtube;7hdnBHb09iI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hdnBHb09iI[/video]

And here's what I need the bigger bottles for:

[video=youtube;fBk21lmr6IM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBk21lmr6IM[/video]