wanted: your old aluminum beer bottles

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Steve, have you seen those large Jumex juice cans? They're bigger than a standard soda can and very thick, you can get them at most convenience stores.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Well I burned through 4 cans tonight, not sure if the bottom of the bud light can is rounded enough, I'll try again tomorrow night and if the same thing happens I'll just save the rest for you Steve so you can try.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Well it works, its not the prettiest because of what I'm not sure but this is the third one and they keep crumpling before I have a full double wall.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1374616070713.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1374616070713.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 19
  • uploadfromtaptalk1374616092455.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1374616092455.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 20

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
So I was curios and used an empty spray paint can. Made just like the simple AL stove only with the bud light AL bottle as the inner wall.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1374622968740.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1374622968740.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 13
  • uploadfromtaptalk1374622990238.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1374622990238.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 13

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Pre-heat takes longer but the can gets hotter, I think v.2.0 will be better I kinda dented this one a little.

I used the top and bottom portions of the paint can at 1.25 inches tall each

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Getting better, making the die as perfect as possible seems to be the key, it still wanted to crush unevenly but it worked better.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1374630465925.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1374630465925.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 10

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Sopporo cans are super heavy duty.....and foster's cans are big and pretty heavy. Has anyone tried a fosters?

Might have to try one of the Sopporo cans, never had one of those anyway. I think I've had enough of the garbage beer for this week so I'll have to pass on the Fosters.

sixstringsteve

Steve, have you seen those large Jumex juice cans? They're bigger than a standard soda can and very thick, you can get them at most convenience stores.

I tried Walmart and Smiths and I can't find any of the large Jumex cans. Have you seen them anywhere lately?

sixstringsteve

I believe Soporro are steel. I'd love to experiment with one or two of those.

Anyone have any Heineken 24 oz kegs they want to donate? I hear they're next to impossible to find.

Heineken keg.jpg

sixstringsteve

I'm currently experimenting with a 32 oz Miller Might Life can. It's pretty flimsy though. I really want the heineken one if I can find one... A fosters can could be made to work too.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
I believe Soporro are steel. I'd love to experiment with one or two of those.

Anyone have any Heineken 24 oz kegs they want to donate? I hear they're next to impossible to find.

View attachment 83930

Maybe I could sacrifice my liver for a mini keg of Bitburger that I can get on base, it might also be one of my favorite beers but I'll take a hit for the team.

I'm kinda liking the idea of using steel cans after the paint can earlier. They don't stretch like AL though.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Oh wait you want the bigger actual smaller cans. I bet I can find something on base, the bitburger mini keg is probably too big but I can get a wide variety of about anything on base.