warning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
attachment.php

Let's take this pic, for instance. That lighter shade of metal on the face is actually one of those tabbed nuts you would see on the backside of your TJ's upper control arm at the frame. That tab is not ment to be structural, I would guess it is about 16 guage steel. I promise you that it woud have failed quite soon. 2 or 3 potholes would have finished it.

mierdota

heck no they wont touch this thing ever again it is already getting fixed down at anarchy off road right now i actually trust brandon that guy is a freakin genious

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
attachment.php

And this pic, there is absolutely no metal prep to the frame before welding. Burning paint will contaminate a weld very quickly without proper paint. I would have removed the paint from at least 3 inches near the welding area.

Bone Down

you still have not told us who the shop was that did this.
I would really like to know where not to go in the future.

kirby

What in the crap are those wavy looking fin things?

Attachments

• seans picts 2 062.jpg
    seans picts 2 062.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:

kirby

Looks like some scrap sheetmetal that's been bent by everything laying around the shop. Now I know why people say don't go to them and run the other way.

mierdota

yea i wish i would have listened when i heard that but when i talked to him he seemed like a good guy and made it sound like i was getting a sweet deal but i was wrong

Jeremy

total tacoma points: 162
i have only welded once and i think i did better than that. i cant believe that anybody would let that go out of the shop. whoever did this welding has no business welding for a profession. i am no fabricator either but..... dont get me started.

mierdota

yea its pretty crazy how people can get away my cousins friend just had the same problem with them too and tera plus is fixing that one i do believe

Status
Not open for further replies.