warning

Status
Not open for further replies.

teknodestrukto

Poop, I don't want to preach or second guess your decision but I think legal action is worth it. When you win he has to pay your court costs...Just my $.02...I 2nd Gephardt. It works if he takes your case.

Last edited:

TELFORD

its a work in progress
dude take action one way or another, 2k is a lot of cash just to walk away with nothing, but a kick in the junk and and empty pockets. Get someone involved take action

mierdota

teknodestrukto said:
Poop, I don't want to preach or second guess your decision but I think legal action is worth it. When you win he has to pay your court costs...Just my $.02...I 2nd Gephardt. It works if he takes your case.

well i have thought about it but all i really want is a refund for the parts i am missing and when i said that to him he said he should be able to get the right to fix it but i honestly dont trust him to fix it my life is not worth it i would rather pay have it done right at anarchy

mierdota

TELFORD said:
dude take action one way or another, 2k is a lot of cash just to walk away with nothing, but a kick in the junk and and empty pockets. Get someone involved take action

yea i am thinking small claims is a good idea now ill see what i can find out

Badcop

Who Dat? Who Der?
Im, not sure what I am, but Speechless comes to mind.....

That is by far the worst welding I have ever seen done to a rig, doesnt matter to me if Scott is a friend that is absolutely piss poor.

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Id really like to hear something from Creasy's offroad. There are two sides to every story, and I'd really like to hear what thier side is. Poop (if that is your real name -_- ) I think you did the right thing bringing it to a capable shop to be fixed. Sadly, I think by not giving Creasy a chance to fix it (or screw it up more), you are not going to get anything back from him. I'd just chalk it up to experience and not make the same mistake again. Post some pics of the repair work! I can't imagine what Brandon could do to fix it short of grinding it all down and starting over. :sick:

mierdota

Badcop said:
Im, not sure what I am, but Speechless comes to mind.....

That is by far the worst welding I have ever seen done to a rig, doesnt matter to me if Scott is a friend that is absolutely piss poor.

yea i liked scott i am just sick of dealing with this he does not even seem to care and i have not gotten anywhere talking to him so it is time for everyone to know about this maybe this will make him realize

mierdota

RockMonkey said:
Id really like to hear something from Creasy's offroad. There are two sides to every story, and I'd really like to hear what thier side is. Poop (if that is your real name -_- ) I think you did the right thing bringing it to a capable shop to be fixed. Sadly, I think by not giving Creasy a chance to fix it (or screw it up more), you are not going to get anything back from him. I'd just chalk it up to experience and not make the same mistake again. Post some pics of the repair work! I can't imagine what Brandon could do to fix it short of grinding it all down and starting over. :sick:

i would rather take the lift off and just let brandon build his own for it but then ill just have their lift sitting around and be out that money i was going to let him fix it at first but after talking to lots of people the way he wanted to do it would not work with the track bar set up and stuff. Plus he wanted me to pay almost $500 in labor from before i think if he has to fix it he should have to eat all the labor so i just took that money and put it towards the cost at anarchy

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
The fees for small claims are not very much. I had to do it baout 12 years ago. Seems like it was about $75 bucks. You represent yourself when you go there. It was pretty easy, you just have to have a solid case.

Crinco

Pictures, Pictures, Pictures!!! If Brandon has not started on the work make sure ALL the welds are photoed and it would not hurt to have 2 shops put in writing the the Job done is unacceptable and would NEVER pass a Saftey Inspection. In fact contact the Highway patrol and have them inspect it (they have a guy who goes from inspection station to inspection station to certify them), who could look at it and raise H@!! about the inferior job, then take your documents to court, with a time table of events, how long they had it, the conversations you had about your missing parts, ect... You will have a very strong case. Take a Certified Welder with you to court and have him tell the judge just how bad the work is.
I am completly shocked that any one with any shred of Honor or pride would let that type of work ever leave their shop.
You are pretty young to have to deal with guys like that and the difficultys of the Legal system, do you have a Family member who can help you, support you? Don't be afraid of this guy, he may not be in business much longer so get your money back now while you still can.
And allway pay with a Credit Card, they have buyers protection for faulty merchandise. They will go to bat for you and get your money back! (The Merchant doesn't have a choice really, they just suck it right out of his account without asking permission first!)
I admire your level headedness about this whole thing, not coming here and calling him a bunch of names. That doesn't mean you should let him keep your hard earned money though!

bobdog

4x4 Addict!
Have you contacted Rockrawler? I bet they would like to see what kind of a job their Utah dealer is doing installing their junk. With all the negative publicity they have received over the years, I would think they would be a little concered that a dealer is using a blind guy to weld on their kits.

ZUKEYPR

poop said:
not to mention my jeep was down there for almost three months

Three months?!!! Dude, JR prior to going to Outer Limits, when he owned MS Conception Motor Sports, did an entire killer solid axle swap on Rockzilla'a Rodeo in just 7 days and another on an Amigo in just 5. That metal wasn't even prepped in most places. A friend at work here had work done by them and it's total crap as well, not to mention extremely over priced. The darn thing has death wobble so bad it jumps 2 feet sideways when you hit the smallest bump. I guess that's what you get when they use a spatula to weld with and place it in the oven to bake for 3 hours at 350...........................O'wait, my bag, that was their other business.

ZUKEYPR

Broncoman said:
Get Ghephart

That's actually not a bad idea. Let him do the research of legalities. he's really good at it, not to mention the fact that it would bring the issue to public light for those that don't frequent this board and are thinking of going there for fab work or the like.

Medsker

2024 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 392
bobdog said:
Have you contacted Rockrawler? I bet they would like to see what kind of a job their Utah dealer is doing installing their junk. With all the negative publicity they have received over the years, I would think they would be a little concered that a dealer is using a blind guy to weld on their kits.

I like this idea. They may give you your money back and everything. Send them your photos and everything and explain how long it took them to put the lift on.

Milner

formerly "rckcrlr"
All I have to add is, make a report to Better Business. At least it may help the next guy that doesn't happen to check here.

You will be good with the RK kit. The newer ones are pretty good. Brandon can tweak it a little and fix it right up for you. No need for a whole new kit. Atleast you know it will be done right and safe this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.