What did you work on Today; Home Edition

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
Needed a little Me time this evening. So I ran up to the property.

Our property has a very old foundation and rotten lumber about where we enter the property. Last time I was there, a rock somehow caught my eye. When I picked up the round rock, it left a square hole. Weird. I dug out and around it. As it turns out, it was sitting in the hole left behind from a previous gate post. I assume one post would mean that there would be another nearby. Sure enough I was able to find both of the concrete holes where a previous gate had been.
We have some fun future plans and ideas for these. But for now, I just wanted to keep them marked. I dug all the dirt out of the hole, and set new posts down in the original concrete. We will start using them as the driveway into our property.

IMG_7338.jpeg

IMG_7337.jpeg

IMG_7340.jpeg

Then I took few minutes and sat in a chair, enjoying my view. There were a handful of deer in the valley just below me drinking out of a water trough the neighbor sets out for them.

IMG_7339.jpeg

Vonski

nothing to see here...
Been getting by the past several years on 50amps stolen from the house. Shop has its own 200amp service now. Back-filling the 200’ trench and fixing all the broken sprinkler lines. 🤷‍♂️

Attachments

• IMG_6925.jpeg
    IMG_6925.jpeg
    670.5 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_6931.jpeg
    IMG_6931.jpeg
    667 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_6937.jpeg
    IMG_6937.jpeg
    479.3 KB · Views: 34

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Needed a little Me time this evening. So I ran up to the property.

Our property has a very old foundation and rotten lumber about where we enter the property. Last time I was there, a rock somehow caught my eye. When I picked up the round rock, it left a square hole. Weird. I dug out and around it. As it turns out, it was sitting in the hole left behind from a previous gate post. I assume one post would mean that there would be another nearby. Sure enough I was able to find both of the concrete holes where a previous gate had been.
We have some fun future plans and ideas for these. But for now, I just wanted to keep them marked. I dug all the dirt out of the hole, and set new posts down in the original concrete. We will start using them as the driveway into our property.

View attachment 175283

View attachment 175284

View attachment 175285

Then I took few minutes and sat in a chair, enjoying my view. There were a handful of deer in the valley just below me drinking out of a water trough the neighbor sets out for them.

View attachment 175286
Looks like you were eyeballing me in that last pic. 🧐

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Lost power to the east side of my kitchen and it killed my GCFI receptacle there. I pulled it out for replacement, and sure enough, the ground wire was covered in latex paint. This exact scenario happened about 12 years ago on the opposite side of the kitchen. Must have missed this one, but I went through every receptacle in the kitchen back then and cleaned the ground wires. They were all painted.

IMG_8229.jpegIMG_8230.jpeg

Coco

Took care of the backyard recently. Fixed the hole and mound where the skid was turning in the backyard, and leveled it out the best I could with a shovel. My yard both front and back are not level, and I would like to do some major landscaping/redesigning at some point, but for now, this will do. Pulled out a ton of tree roots (part of the reason I want to landscape - get rid of these big PITA trees for some more mild options).

IMG_9530.jpgIMG_9529.jpgIMG_9532.jpg

Sod is the best type of rug or carpet, change my mind.

Then I got all the weeds and crab grass cut out around the patio, and tetris'd and origami'd new sod in its place.

IMG_9531.jpgIMG_9556.jpg

Moved some dirt around to help thinner areas of grass. It has since come back pretty well in those thinner areas.

Then we installed some string lights off amazon. The sod has taken pretty well, a couple areas that still need some attention, but its a lot better than it used to be.

IMG_9904.jpgIMG_9951.jpgIMG_9952.jpg

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
After a child flooded my bathroom/laundry room a couple of months ago, I finally got new flooring installed yesterday. Best $250 in labor I've ever paid! I put new baseboard in today and I'm 1/4 of the way through caulking so I can paint the trim. I'm too lazy to paint the walls.
IMG_9154.jpeg

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
And back to 20lbs of $hi+ in a 5lb room... I put 2 coats of paint on the trim this morning and just wrapped up putting things back in their place. If I ever remodel my house I'll remove the cabinet on the left side to make more room for laundry, but for now it's as good as old. Happy to have this project done!
IMG_9157.jpeg