General Tech What did you work on Today?

NYCEGUY01

Put the intake, Throttle body, rails, injectors, and sensors all together on the bench for the Blazers new 6.0.
Probably wont go in till spring but one little project at a time...

TBSS intake. Holley 42lb injectors, Holley 92mm Throttlebody, Holley billet fuel rails, all together and ready to go on the motor now....

tbss.jpglq9.jpg

jeeper

DumpStor Owner
I'm staging an intervention. Your air filter problem is past a joke with the guys, it's causing your friends and family to wonder how far you have to go before you hit rock bottom.

I told you.. I actually bought this one that way!!
It’s got like 10 minutes run time since I’ve owned it.
Today it got the air filter cleaned, oil changed, and hydraulic leak (hopefully) fixed.

But I did reuse the oil filter.

I went to 3 different stores and couldn’t find a match. Then I saw an old tractor in a parking lot, so I climbed under it to see its filter number. But it’s a different thread than mine.

The only number I have to go on right now are 12319EN1 and then smudge.

Tonkaman

Stores like car quest have catalogs of filters by type, outside diameter, inside diameter, thread, etc.

Hopefully find an old timer there that can actually do their job.

jeeper

DumpStor Owner
Stores like car quest have catalogs of filters by type, outside diameter, inside diameter, thread, etc.

Hopefully find an old timer there that can actually do their job.

I went to napa first, hoping for the same.. but the guy there was not very helpful.

I think I've used my index finger gauge to determine that it's a M20-1.5 thread or a M22-1.5 thread. I will order one of each and go from there.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I told you.. I actually bought this one that way!!
It’s got like 10 minutes run time since I’ve owned it.
Today it got the air filter cleaned, oil changed, and hydraulic leak (hopefully) fixed.

But I did reuse the oil filter.

I went to 3 different stores and couldn’t find a match. Then I saw an old tractor in a parking lot, so I climbed under it to see its filter number. But it’s a different thread than mine.

The only number I have to go on right now are 12319EN1 and then smudge.

What make, model and year? Got a serial # too?

jeeper

DumpStor Owner
What make, model and year? Got a serial # too?

2002 terraplane TD25.
Made by dong feng. Looks identical to their 2002 df-250.

I'll have to go look for a serial number.

looks like a possible Y385 diesel engine.

Edit: the Y385 is getting me some more search traction!
Possibly a Mann 719/13

Boom!

1702184884312.png

Thanks @Greg your prodding for info led me to the right places!

Last edited:

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
No really "Today" but I finally hit a milestone last night after about several days of figuring this out. The snowplow I picked up last summer came with brackets for a 2008 Superduty and not wanting to pay another $600 for new brackets for the 1982 F350, I decided to chop the existing brackets up and make them fit.

IMG_5265.jpeg

IMG_5390.jpeg

IMG_5434.jpeg

The lower angled tube is steering link tube and I used some old rusted heims to attach to tabs at the frame further back. As far as I can tell, this is going to be much stronger than the "oem" brackets for the plow. Crossing my fingers.
IMG_5455.jpeg
IMG_5475.jpeg

Now to hook up the plow and wire it up
IMG_5473.jpeg

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I still want a '92-96 F150, short bed, 5 speed with F350 axles swapped in.... This isn't helping
No really "Today" but I finally hit a milestone last night after about several days of figuring this out. The snowplow I picked up last summer came with brackets for a 2008 Superduty and not wanting to pay another $600 for new brackets for the 1982 F350, I decided to chop the existing brackets up and make them fit.

View attachment 167352

View attachment 167353

View attachment 167354

The lower angled tube is steering link tube and I used some old rusted heims to attach to tabs at the frame further back. As far as I can tell, this is going to be much stronger than the "oem" brackets for the plow. Crossing my fingers.
View attachment 167355
View attachment 167357

Now to hook up the plow and wire it up
View attachment 167356