General Tech What did you work on Today?

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
Nice! My shop will be nothing in comparison, but I'm excited to get started. Poured footings last Wednesday and will be pouring walls on Saturday.

View attachment 109989
Pile, I am jealous
I need to get off my butt!

I have been at the new house for 2 years and haven't slowed down enough to even plan/figure out how much shop I can fit on my lot!!

Z,
I love how your shop is coming about. SUPER cool!

zmotorsports

Hardcore Gearhead
Vendor
Nice! My shop will be nothing in comparison, but I'm excited to get started. Poured footings last Wednesday and will be pouring walls on Saturday.

View attachment 109989

Nice. Congrats on the commencement of your shop. What size shop are you building?

I am sure glad this is not this time last year when I was still in the looking at houses phase. Being without a shop for 9+ months about did me in.

Mike

zmotorsports

Hardcore Gearhead
Vendor
Z,
I love how your shop is coming about. SUPER cool!

Thank you. It sure is nice to finally have a shop again and getting it setup and organized. My last shop was pretty organized but quite a bit smaller than this one. It is nice to actually be able to sweep between pieces of equipment and stand at my band saw and not have my drill press stabbing me in the back.

Mike

Pile of parts

It's been a long time coming but finally decided to do it.
32' deep x 40' wide. 14' tall walls/12' tall door. It's as big as I could go on my lot. I had planned on doing most of the construction but looks like I'll be doing all of it. Concrete guys are busy and bids came in higher than expected so I found a guy that rents the forms and gives you the footing/foundation 101. Got a little later start than planned due to life and building this deck for my mom. It's about 17' deep x 35' wide. Took a little longer than planned but she's happy.
IMG_20170826_193849483_HDR.jpg

zmotorsports

Hardcore Gearhead
Vendor
It's been a long time coming but finally decided to do it.
32' deep x 40' wide. 14' tall walls/12' tall door. It's as big as I could go on my lot. I had planned on doing most of the construction but looks like I'll be doing all of it. Concrete guys are busy and bids came in higher than expected so I found a guy that rents the forms and gives you the footing/foundation 101. Got a little later start than planned due to life and building this deck for my mom. It's about 17' deep x 35' wide. Took a little longer than planned but she's happy.

Nice size. I know all about building as big as allowed. My last house I built as large as I could and this one I even pushed it a bit.

You will like those 14' tall ceilings if you decide to get a lift at any point. My last shop had 14' ceilings and they worked perfectly with my two-post lift. This one has 16' tall ceilings.

Be sure to document the build as you get rolling.

Mike

zmotorsports

Hardcore Gearhead
Vendor
Dang Mike, the more I see of your shop the more jealous I am!

Thanks Greg. My new shop is leaps and bounds nicer than my last one and I didn't think it was anything to scoff at.;) I ran my business out of my previous little 1100 square foot shop for 20 years and literally felt like I had 10-gallons of shit packed in a 5-gallon bucket but I made it work. In my new shop I can actually sweep between machines and have room to move without hitting two pieces of machinery. I am in heaven working in my new shop and grin to myself every time I open the door and walk in. My wife and I feel so blessed to have been able to make this move and at times I feel like it is all a dream.

Thank you so much for the comments Greg. I really appreciate them. I thought I would post a picture of the outside seeing as how there have been a few of the inside and now that I have my yard, fence, lawn and concrete all completed.

Thanks for looking.

Mike

Attachments

• ShopCompleted.jpg
    ShopCompleted.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 45

zmotorsports

Hardcore Gearhead
Vendor
Wow, the outside is as drool worthy as the inside. Well done.

Thanks you. Looks COMPLETELY different than it did in December when we took ownership of the place that's for sure.

I actually "officially" completed the move in last night. I still had about 15-18 remaining boxes up on the mezzanine in my attached garage that needed to make their way into the shop and I had some parts fail to show up last night for a Jeep I'm working on so I figured I would put the last of the contents from my old shop away and several hours later I stood back and admired my completed shop. Great feeling after not having a shop since November of last year.

Thanks for the comments.

Mike

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Supporting Member
Here's what I'v done on my shop garage recently

18,000 BTU's of chillin' goodness (also 5kw supplemental heat)

20171005_175414.jpg

and a barn door to close off the third bay

20171005_175444.jpg

zmotorsports

Hardcore Gearhead
Vendor
Yep, new shop. It is a lot of work but it will be worth it.

I couldn't agree more. Definitely will be worth it.

When my wife and I started looking last July for a new home the #1 reason I was so hesitant is because I knew exactly what a PITA building a new shop and moving the old one was going to be. And YES it was. That being said it was still the best move we could have made, even with the headache that went along with building a new shop and putting a yard in.

Each time I walk in my new shop I have to pinch myself because I don't think it is real.

Yes it will be worth it even though it doesn't feel like it at times.

Looking good and keep the pics coming.

Mike

RogueJeepr

Here!
Fixing a kid's gas powered scooter.
It took awhile to find stuff for it. It would idle but not accelerate. Tried E- replacement parts but couldn't get an order through.
0e8e0eb2f4a5fda8d5c60b82ed939354.jpg

Finally found a whole carburetor for $14 thru Monster scooter parts .com
I hope this fixes it. Plus it's a 15
mm. The original is a 10-11mm.
More power !!!!
84e02e31d357bea57eae52eeb4d17436.jpg

37fc8de9ce2732c41476e6c18cff992a.jpg

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk

RogueJeepr

Here!
Still dosent run right. Bogs down when trying to accelerate.
Im thinking this pulse hole isn't lining up with the intake.

b01d400c52d9b4c0e1b40823b09c76c6.jpg

Also there's a screw that is near the fuel line that wasn't on the original carb. Turning this didn't help any.

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
For the last couple of weeks I have been getting everything prepped and ready to go to Baja and pre-run and do pit support for my friend who is part of a class 1 team. We are going to do all the pre-running in RZR's, so there has been a lot of maintenance and prep to do not only for pre-running but just the trip in general. First up on the list was the suspension. I replaced all the front end bushings and took the shocks to Desert Speed Shock Tuning (Tan Comanche on RME) and have him service them. While he was in there, I had him make some valving changes.....I wanted to change the springs and sliders like he recommended, but with all the prep I still need to do, it just was not in the budge before baja.

A couple tear down pics

Shocks back and ready to go in

I didn't take many pictures of it, but rebuilt both the primary and secondary clutches .

We will most likely be doing some pre-running at night or at least traveling back to where we are staying after dark. When traveling through the military check points at night, they like to be able to easily see inside the vehicle, so I wired up some LED strip lights for the interior and bed.

Added some PRP door bags also......need to carry a bunch of steeeekers for the kids.

One of my biggest projects was to get something fabricated to hold my Lowrance GPS and radio in my truck that was not going to tear up the interior in my truck. On the Dodge dash there is a little tray at the top above the radio. I took a small piece of square tubing and drilled it so that I could use the the bolts holding it to the dash to mount it. I had to cut a hole in that tray for the power wires and coax but you will not be able to see it since there is a little rubber piece that sits in there when the mount is not in the truck.

I will be usin this GPS in the RZR, so I had ot fab up a mount for that also. All I have to do is pull the 2 screws on the side of the GPS to move it.

Last thing for the weekend was the shelf I built into the v-nose portion of my enclosed trailer. Trying to create as much storage space as possible to fit everything myself and the 2 people riding with me are taking down for the 12 days we will be gone.

So much more to do including building a spare tire carrier that will hold 2 - 2.5 gallon Rotopax, mount new tires on the RZR, to name a few. So much to do, so little time.