General Tech What did you work on Today?

Coco

Looks like a good place to start! I like how you have the winch feet-forward and face-down so the fairlead ends up higher--I did that same thing with the hidden winch mount on my 80. Aside from it being harder to access the clutch handle, it can make for a nice clean install.

Coincidentally, I have also been working on a new winch bumper. (to replace the hidden version behind my factory bumper) Just finalized it and took it to be powder coated today. :cool:

This is what the FJ80 market has been crying out loud for!! A bumper that is high and tight to the body, good looking, and very functional! I could see these going to market, they will sell like hotcakes! I know Glen was always wanting to design and build a bumper for them, and possibly sell them, but he decided to cut cruisers in half, and strip them, then get rid of them instead :D

Damn nice work Carl!

Pile of parts

Time to update. Finally got some pictures. It's always been too dark by the time I'm done working. Fortunately the weather has cooperated for the most part. Still need to finish the overhang on the gables and cut out my windows. The priority now is getting shingles on. Any roofers on here looking for side work?

Attachments

• IMG_20171217_134757154_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20171217_134757154_HDR.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_20171217_134848664_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20171217_134848664_HDR.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_20171217_134914465.jpg
    IMG_20171217_134914465.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 27

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
I red neck finished the loft in my garage into my Home Theater... Trying to decide if I want to keep it this way before I commit and fully finish it. If I leave it this way, Ill build a wall to close off my storage and have carpet installed. I might finish the lower walls with pallets too to give it a different fill, and eliminate the metal shelves and do built in shelves with a better seating solution. So far though, I dig it!
IMG_5996.JPG