General Tech What did you work on Today?

zukijames

Wanted to take Maddie for a ride last night after work and push her harder but she broke her front brake lever at the start of mondays ride. so decided a front brake lever was neneeded ignore the sweet welds , lazy and Long skinny extension cord but it worked great

8D99EF4D-443A-44A7-AAC8-C3CE8F3CC826-1386-000000EF6A89150D_zpse987993b.jpg

STAG

On my grind
Finally skinned one my tube fenders.

imagelqo.jpg

my steel TIG welds are getting better, slowly, but no (or very little) warpage so I'm happy.

I also ordered a set of StinkyFabRacing's heavy duty YJ motor mounts. Hopefully the material thickness is enough.

Last edited:

MikeGyver

UtahWeld.com
I also ordered a set of StinkyFabRacing's heavy duty YJ motor mounts. Hopefully the material thickness is enough. I'm going to call tomorrow and see if they can build them out of some heavier guage steel.

Heavy duty motor mounts not thick enough... for what?

STAG

On my grind
Heavy duty motor mounts not thick enough... for what?

I dunno I think I'm just paranoid, I'm a firm believer of overkill is underrated so ideally I'd love them to be .375, or a minimum of .25". But they look to be maybe .188". Website doesn't say and I forgot to ask over the phone.

imagevkgj.jpg

I was going to just build some similar to the SFR ones with .25" but I am trying to save time. If I feel the SFR ones are inadequate I'll add some more .188" gussets.

I didn't really love the Brown Dog Offroad ones either, even though they look to be maybe .25".

Last edited:

idahoyj

Finally skinned one my tube fenders.

my steel TIG welds are getting better, slowly, but no (or very little) warpage so I'm happy.

I also ordered a set of StinkyFabRacing's heavy duty YJ motor mounts. Hopefully the material thickness is enough.
That looks really good!
Wouldnt it be cool if you had a build thread to post these kind of updates in?
;)