General Tech What did you work on Today?

Bart

Let's see, this weekend I did a new starter on the truck, r&r'd the lock actuators, and added a toneau cover on the back. Also packed the bearings and put new brakes on the trailer.

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
We had a trampoline that was ripping on the edges, so I recycled it into a teeter totter for the kiddos.

photo 3(1).JPG

I also got really tired of the death wobble on our WJ, So I built a dual steering stabilizer for it.

photo 2.JPG
I tried really hard to avoid a dual stabilizer, but despite all we have tried it just wont go away completely. We will go a few months in between episodes, but the fear is always there on the back of my mind.. just wondering when it will strike!

blznnp

choptopbll, what are you going to be running for suspension on that?

thats the best teetor totter I have seen jeeper

MikeGyver

UtahWeld.com
Made a set of stainless headers that are going on a 1600hp 5th gen Camaro.
4-into-1 this time instead of Tri-y. 4" collector, 2" primaries. Next set will have 2-1/8" primaries (lol).

10-25-13_1210_zps9863d498.jpg

10-25-13_1227_zpse8b20756.jpg

Checking steering shaft clearance.

10-25-13_1530_zps254306af.jpg

10-25-13_1533_zpsd4badfb4.jpg

4" to 3" cone

10-25-13_1601_zps9b54cf1c.jpg

Compared to the standard 1-7/8" primary, 3" collector Tri-Y Camaro header.

Zac001

well it wasnt today its just the first time in a long time ive been online...

but this weekend i installed a 2.5in Y pipe on the truck, and also pulled the dash apart and replaced the stop light switch, oh and i replaced all of my ball joints and all my tierod ends... plus alignment but i paid for the alignment to get done!

blznnp

I enjoy oxy acetylene welding. Not the fastest process but still enjoy it.

i got my dana 60 in last night, partly in. Wfo concepts sent me spring plates for a dodge an not a Chevy so they have one being shipped out for me today. Also picked up a 1410 driveshaft, the slip yoke part so I can modify my front driveline to work with the 1410 yoke on my 60. Looks like a few more 12am 1 am nights.

Troop92

I enjoy oxy acetylene welding. Not the fastest process but still enjoy it.

i got my dana 60 in last night, partly in. Wfo concepts sent me spring plates for a dodge an not a Chevy so they have one being shipped out for me today. Also picked up a 1410 driveshaft, the slip yoke part so I can modify my front driveline to work with the 1410 yoke on my 60. Looks like a few more 12am 1 am nights.

It's for a good cause - Saturday is gonna be fun. :D