What trails do you want to complete in the next 2 years?

Anchor_Mtn

Work Less, Travel More
Vendor
There are too many trails to list on here but the highlights are as followed:

Jeep:
Every trail I can find that wont involve body damage.

Buggy(if it ever gets done):
Everything that doesnt fall in the above category plus......
Rubicon Trail
Johnson Valley(KOH '14?)
New Montrose trails
Independace Trails in Buena Vista
Waterfall on Heldo
Clayton, OK

zukijames

steve is this realistic or is it like dream trails.. i'll do a realistic list and wait tell i hear back from you

buggy:
hanging tree
smashing pumpkins
coyote canyon
21 road
billings
boulder canyon
delta trails

Rover:
Log canyon( planned trip october 19th 2012) done
the pickle
mineral basin, forest lake, mary ellens gulch / forestlake done
snakes
maybe the rim with you? but i think with no locker and such a heavy rig i'd be slowing you down
kane creek
poison spider/golden spike/i cant remeber the other one that is part of that trail gold bar rim?
metal masher
lots of 1 or 2 night camping trips.. not ready for the long haul expo stuff yet
more of the easy moab stuff i never got to see because my buggy wasn't street legal
done thats not on the list
steel bender, flat iron mesa,greenday, part of strike ravine, hells revenge, prichett canyon

sixstringsteve

Winter on the Rocks
Hole in the rock
Calf creek falls
Explore the Swell
Hit up some slot canyons

Hole in the rock - IN. How about March/April again?
Calf creek falls - Defilnitely in. April/May timeframe?
Explore the Swell - possibly
Hit up some slot canyons - absolutely. This is my new love.

I want to do the Rubicon again this year. The time we did it last year was perfect. I'm thinking early September.

Marsh99

Lover of all things Toyota
Hole in the rock - IN. How about March/April again?
Calf creek falls - Defilnitely in. April/May timeframe?
Explore the Swell - possibly
Hit up some slot canyons - absolutely. This is my new love.

I want to do the Rubicon again this year. The time we did it last year was perfect. I'm thinking early September.

Well since my wife is pregnant I want to start something like: a trip a month tell Jen looses her bump. Due date is May 18th

Don B

formerly rebarguy
Anyone considering trails in the Kanab area? We have the Hog Canyon system that has some good moderate Jeep type trails. No buggy stuff though. We have been working with the BLM on a new management plan for the area which would open up some of the harder trails that were closed, as well as opening up an area for some more extreme type trails.

We need to get more 4x4's visiting the area to help show the BLM that there is a demand for more trails and paticularly, difficult/techical trails. The majority of users now are ATVer's and they want all high speed sand roads and don't like the difficult sections.

sixstringsteve

I'll add Kanab to the list, I'd love to check that area out. How difficult are the trails? Lockers required? Are these trails wheelable in the winter months?

Last edited:

Don B

formerly rebarguy
I'll add Kanab to the list, I'd love to check that area out. How difficult are the trails? Lockers required? Are these trails wheelable in the winter months?

The trails range from about 3 to 6 on the 10 scale. The most difficult, can be a 7 at times. Some can be done open, one locker and 31's can do most of the trails. With 2 lockers and 33's you can usually do everything. Generally, the trails are open in the winter months, but a couple of years we've had enough snow to make them inaccessable. Add a little ice to the rocks and the difficulty goes way up.

sixstringsteve

PERFECT. That's just my style. Would you be willing to lead a group of us down there? I'd be happy to make a video of it so you can promote it more.

RogueJeepr

Here!
OK , Im redoing my list. This is what I have planned for the next couple months.
Freeze your tail off ---- getting closer
Pony Express-------late Jan/feb ( pre-run for Lincoln Highway trip)
Moab--Top of the world, Onion creek, Arches . ------March ( hope to be lifted by then)
Lincoln Highway (in a old car) ----June
And then----I have no idea but im sure I'll think of somethin. Thats almost a trip a month. :)

ZUKEYPR

1. Barstow to Bodie
2. All trails in Sonoma AZ Area
3. Toroweep
4. Torrey to Kanab
5. Gold Pass
6. Book Cliffs to include Fantasy Canyon
7. Glenwood Springs to Buena Vista, start at Lead King and end at Chinamen Gultch
8. Leadville/Fairplay to include Holy Cross and Wheeler Lake
9. Vegas to Reno if I get the Taco done
10. Got to get back up to Glacier and run Tilt-a-whirl

sixstringsteve

- some of the mild trails in Delta (I no longer want to do these)
- Vernal trails
- Price Trails (the mellow ones)
- Pony Express Trail all the way to Wendover in the winter
- West side of Utah: Wendover to St. George
- Kokopelli Trail
- Tusher Tunnel
- moab rim
- all the easy trails in the Wells Moab book. (still working on this one)