What trails do you want to complete in the next 2 years?

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Canning Stock Route - check
Alaska
Utah Converse (4 to 3) on a dirtbike
Utah Traverse
Utah Inverse
Circumnavigate Utah
Finish Vegas to Reno race - check
Finish Baja 1000 race - check
Jarbidge, NV has been on my hitlist for years - check
I would like to do a SLC to So.Lake Tahoe on the PET again
Gold Pass/Atlantic City, Wyoming - check
Butch Cassidy/Outlaw chasing - check

Knocking them off slowly but surely. How is your list coming?

sixstringsteve

Here's my list:
- some of the mild trails in Delta - no longer interested
- Vernal trails
- Price Trails (the mellow ones) - no longer interested
- Pony Express Trail all the way to Wendover in the winter - Done
- West side of Utah: Wendover to St. George
- Kokopelli Trail - done 1/2 of it
- Tusher Tunnel - Done
- moab rim
- all the easy trails in the Wells Moab book. still lots left to do
- Boulder Mtns - Done
- Escalante - Done
- Bryce Canyon - Done
- Capitol Reef - Done
- Hole in the Rock Road - Done
- Beef Basin/Elephat Hill - Done
- Skyline Drive - Done
- Flaming Gorge - Done
- Ashley Nat'l Forest north of Vernal

Adding to the list:
- Henry Mountains
- Bear's Ears
- Kanab
- 4 corners
- Colorado (Ouray, imogean pass, black bear pass)

Bart

Of the trails I mentioned I accomplished more than half. Not too bad.

New trails:
Helldorado II in Delta -- Not yet
Britney Spears -- several times
New BFE trails -- all of them
New Montrose trails -- not yet

Trails to revisit:
Coyote Canyon YES
Die Trying and other Montrose trails I've done Not yet
Johnson Valley -- a couple
St George buggy trails -- all of them
Delta trails - not yet

AaronPaige

If your interest in the price trails change let me know I'd love to take you around a bit... There is tons of good wheeling around here and cool people. The last two summers we ( a few local buggys) have been try n some privet climbs and less than popular or open to public trails the land owners have been more than cool with us playing on there property, I feel like the blm, carbon county, and price city, as well as the privet land owners have a different idea about letting us use the surrounding areas

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Just looked through the thread and realized I hadn't put my "bucket list" on here. I was able to hit the Rubicon this past year. I've been knocking off a Moab trail or two per year since I've been volunteering at Easter Jeep Safari so I've got Moab stuff pretty much covered (there's still a few trails I would like to hit down there but volunteering has proved to be a good way to hit a few trails I wouldn't otherwise hit while gaining/sharing knowledge with other enthusiasts).

Rubicon had been on my bucket list for at least 25 years (even before I had a 4x4---read about it in an article in Motor Trend or something in the early '80s and thought it sounded at worst interesting). I wouldn't mind doing it again but adding Fordyce and maybe a few other trails in the area to the trip.
These pictures proved pretty rewarding to me. Other places on the Rubicon were possibly more interesting but this said something to me after wanting to go for so long.
294%20(Small).JPG

075%20(Small).JPG

Still on the list:

Never been in the Swell at all. The JKU is supposed to be the Swell explorer rig. My "Jeep" could do it (probably better than I give it credit for after it's run on the Rubicon) but I've always been looking for comfort. I'd have to look up some of the areas I want to go but the canyon with the iron bridge carrying I-70 across it seems pretty cool.

Hole-in-the-Rock: (both the east and west side--I planned to hit this (even my wife was interested in going :eek:) this past fall but had some issues with my 2012 Jeep that prevented me from going)

Arch Canyon: After spending a few days this fall with my dad and brother on Elk Ridge, this trail/area has moved much higher on my list. It's likely not super technically challenging but the area is intriguing to me.

I've gained a lot of interest of late on trails/routes/destinations of historical significance. There was a group from here that ran the Pony Express trail across UT and NV a few years ago. That has piqued my interest for not only doing something like that but possibly exploring other routes. Oregon and Mormon trail routes across Windoming (WY) and Idaho towards Oregon and California.

Bart

If your interest in the price trails change let me know I'd love to take you around a bit... There is tons of good wheeling around here and cool people. The last two summers we ( a few local buggys) have been try n some privet climbs and less than popular or open to public trails the land owners have been more than cool with us playing on there property, I feel like the blm, carbon county, and price city, as well as the privet land owners have a different idea about letting us use the surrounding areas

Looking forward to it. Sorry I missed the last trip and looking forward to the next one.

Greg

I run a tight ship... wreck
Admin
Never been in the Swell at all. The JKU is supposed to be the Swell explorer rig. My "Jeep" could do it (probably better than I give it credit for after it's run on the Rubicon) but I've always been looking for comfort. I'd have to look up some of the areas I want to go but the canyon with the iron bridge carrying I-70 across it seems pretty cool.

That is honestly surprising Marc, the Swell is neat... lots to see and a JKU would be a ideal. There is a good mix of everything, with a lot of dirt roads for miles.

AaronPaige

Glad to hear it I really enjoy getting to meet new people that have similar interests, I think we could have a great time playing on a few less known trails

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
A new year is upon us, updating my list:

2013 left overs I'd still like to accomplish:
Mint 400 race & finish
Desert race on my dirtbike
Everett Ruess hunting
Alaska
Circumnavigate Utah
SLC to So.Lake Tahoe on the PET

2014 new additions/regulars: