What vehicle should I get next?

Cascadia

Undecided
Sweet find Tyson!! I like it!! (and am a bit jealous)

Just SAS it you know you want too haha. :)

I probably will eventually but the kit to do my truck is quite the chunk of change and work is slow. Maybe early spring or late winter, just got word I have 22 houses lined up.

Or maybe I'll just leave it mild forever.

sixstringsteve

Wait, a Toyota product has a weakness? I thought they were INVINCIBLE and will never break until they are above 300K (I kid, I kid.... Just get that attitude from a lot of the owners)

OH crap, i did just admit to toyotas having weaknesses... where... is... that... edit... button...

I'm probably more guilty than most for pimping toyotas. I'm trying to take it easy these days. I like all 4x4's.

sixstringsteve

A friend of mine frequents the Tacoma forums and there are a few threads on some killer bumpers. SixStringSteve has got to be the resident expert on Toyota trucks around here. I count three trucks he has built and they all have been top notch. I don't think anyone knows Toyota trucks better than him.

LT.

thanks for the kind words, but I'm definitely not the resident expert. I have tried a few things out and I've learned from my mistakes. I tend to read everything I can before I build, so that helps inform my opinions. Kurt has tons more experience than I for the expo/not hardcore crawler rigs, panos and many others know a ton more than I about the hardcore crawlers.

I loved my icons, but one of my seals blew after an accident. I always washed my truck, and I didn't really feel like the salt was eating them, but I have definitely heard the same thing that Caleb has heard. I agree with Caleb's analysis that an OME setup would have more longevity. Icons are overkill and if I had to do it again, I'd go with OME's, as long as I got enough lift out of them.

My buddy had toytec coilovers on his taco and it worked really really well. I was very impressed with them.

My other buddy had pucks, and it worked very well for him surprisingly.

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
I've been surprised at what the stock Tacoma bumpers can handle. Personally I wouldn't replace them until I was sure I would need more. I've had my truck hanging by the front an rear bumpers and they have held up well.

Cascadia

Undecided
It's more the lower rear quarters that I'm worried about smashing. Most of the rear aftermarket bumpers have wrap around armor. And I'd like a set of sliders for the same reason. I went wheeling today at Snakes and I was worried about the body the whole time. It was weird not being able to try all the harder lines, but I was pretty surprised at what it could do.

Cascadia

Undecided
You weren't the only one. I was pretty impressed with it.
Thanks Ben. I had fun wheeling with you guys and riding in your jeep for a while, even without goggles. I wasn't very surprised by your rig, it looks awesome and works awesome. You're the first guy I've seen do WW with a pool of water at the bottom and in the next hole and still make it up no problem.

Coco

Thanks Ben. I had fun wheeling with you guys and riding in your jeep for a while, even without goggles. I wasn't very surprised by your rig, it looks awesome and works awesome. You're the first guy I've seen do WW with a pool of water at the bottom and in the next hole and still make it up no problem.

Stickys :)

I dad crawled the last waterfall in Hanging Tree, then backed down, and crawled it again. For those that know that waterfall, it is a power climb!!

98XJROKS

Back to the original question;

Jeep styling,
4-doors,
Truck bed,
Hemi V-8.... Whats not to like!

SEMA20032.jpg

sema_d40.jpg

Cascadia

Undecided
And other than I already got what I wanted. And they'll never build that truck. I do have word from a jeep dealer though that they will build an extended cab brute type truck by 2016. That's all the details I know though.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
...Whats not to like!

The $100-120k price tag perhaps? :D

Its an absolutely gorgeous truck and like anything from AEV its extremely well designed, engineered and fabricated. I think for the right needs and the right budget its an absolutely perfect buy and well valued.

...And they'll never build that truck...

That is an AEV product and they go into full production early 2012 for summer 2012 deliveries. They will absolutely build that truck and are taking orders :cool:

Jeep corporate is already doing bed kits for JK platforms, debuted at EJS this last year. I'd be interested to see a JK8 platform or actual truck platform from them here in the US but if it hasn't happened by this point I don't know why they would wait until 2016 to start... you've got a handful of aftermarkets already covering the somewhat limited market that exists in arguably a better offering than a OE Jeep.

That said, stick with the Tacoma :D

Caleb

That said, stick with the Tacoma :D

Yep, other than the V-8, I like the Tacoma better. Even though it's not a V-8 (and sometimes that's better) the 3.4L is no slouch. Unless I was towing or carrying an extra large load, I never wanted more power with my Tacoma.

Cascadia

Undecided
I wasn't talking about aev's vehicle. I was talking about jeep actually producing one that would come from the factory in America. Like I said, all I know is they will make one by 2016 from this dealers words. I don't know why they'd wait that long. I hear there is a J8 at a dealership in salt lake somewhere right now.

Anyways, I'm sticking with the Tacoma for at least a year. :)